MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - BJJ realistic and effective ?

View Single Post

Old 09-19-2007, 03:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dempsey Roll
Flyweight

Dempsey Roll Is among the most hated on the net.Dempsey Roll Is among the most hated on the net.Dempsey Roll Is among the most hated on the net.Dempsey Roll Is among the most hated on the net.Dempsey Roll Is among the most hated on the net.Dempsey Roll Is among the most hated on the net.Dempsey Roll Is among the most hated on the net.Dempsey Roll Is among the most hated on the net.Dempsey Roll Is among the most hated on the net.Dempsey Roll Is among the most hated on the net.Dempsey Roll Is among the most hated on the net.
I definately think that something like krav maga would be much, much better for self-defense. You have to remember that juijutsu was originally about big, strong guys trying to kill other big, strong guys on a battlefield. Most women aren't going to be strong enough to really apply whatever juijutsu training they might have in a street fight scenario. Krav maga involves much more modern techniques. Disarming someone with a knife or gun (mugger), defending yourself against multiple attackers (a group of thugs), places to strike when a bigger stronger person is assaulting you (groin, throat), ect...
"I don't want them to like me, because when I'm in the ring, punches fly to the face. It is not a tenderness time. I am not falling in love. And he knows that when the fight starts I am kicking faces."
- Wanderlei Silva
Dempsey Roll is offline   Reply With Quote