MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - IronMan's Log

Thread: IronMan's Log
View Single Post

Old 10-05-2006, 10:58 AM   #28 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Poet
That sounds like a good training regimen...

as for being smaller...close the gap and follow up....the insede game can be very devastating....

Im 5'10" with very good stand up...but my ground work needs the most improvement....Im explosive and very flexible on the ground but my standing is my strength....
Yeah, and that works for a taller, lighter, probably quicker guy. For me it's necessary to get as close as I can so I don't get worked over by my opponents jabs.

I do most of my damage from the thai clinch and dirty boxing position. Elbows are vicious, as is my right hand and my right knee, but if I'm fighting a taller guy I have to clinch, maybe throw one or two shots on him and then take him down.

That's really the key for me, I'm always looking for the takedown, always trying to set it up. I guesss one of the reasons why my takedowns get stuffed, even by good wrestlers, is because I throw a few shots at them first to give them something to think about.

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote