MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Most Undeserving of a title shot!

View Single Post

Old 09-20-2007, 01:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Calibretto9
Welterweight

Calibretto9 is on another level nowCalibretto9 is on another level nowCalibretto9 is on another level nowCalibretto9 is on another level nowCalibretto9 is on another level nowCalibretto9 is on another level nowCalibretto9 is on another level nowCalibretto9 is on another level nowCalibretto9 is on another level nowCalibretto9 is on another level nowCalibretto9 is on another level now
First, Matt Serra was not on a win streak. He lost to Karo, then won the fight with Lytle. Winning one fight before your title shot isn't much of a streak, and the guys he beat on TUF don't count as fights. I'm not saying that in the technical sense, but in the sense that those guys are just not UFC worthy fighters.

Sherk, on the other hand, has like a 33-2 record. If you're recruiting new LW's for your division, who better to throw into the mix? That's an freakishly impressive record, and I think he since proved that he was worthy of getting the title shot (If he hasn't been juicing the entire time). I think Sherk was a great fit for the title.
Calibretto9 is offline   Reply With Quote