MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Most Undeserving of a title shot!

View Single Post

Old 09-20-2007, 02:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Bonnar426
The American Psycho

Bonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibretto9
First, Matt Serra was not on a win streak. He lost to Karo, then won the fight with Lytle. Winning one fight before your title shot isn't much of a streak, and the guys he beat on TUF don't count as fights. I'm not saying that in the technical sense, but in the sense that those guys are just not UFC worthy fighters.

Sherk, on the other hand, has like a 33-2 record. If you're recruiting new LW's for your division, who better to throw into the mix? That's an freakishly impressive record, and I think he since proved that he was worthy of getting the title shot (If he hasn't been juicing the entire time). I think Sherk was a great fit for the title.
33-2 is a good record! But did he deserve the title shot? No! Those two loses were recent which pretty much shoots him down the ladder. If Nick Diaz was on some win streak then I would say beating him would but him high on the ladder. But as it happens, Hick was coming off of two losses himself. So for Sean Sherk to get a title shot he would need to beat 2 or 3 more people after Diaz. Instead, he got an instant title shot because he was marketable. So Sean Sherk did not deserve that title shot!