MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Training Solo

Thread: Training Solo
View Single Post

Old 09-30-2007, 09:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
davidm724
Featherweight

davidm724 will become famous soon enoughdavidm724 will become famous soon enoughdavidm724 will become famous soon enoughdavidm724 will become famous soon enoughdavidm724 will become famous soon enoughdavidm724 will become famous soon enoughdavidm724 will become famous soon enoughdavidm724 will become famous soon enoughdavidm724 will become famous soon enoughdavidm724 will become famous soon enoughdavidm724 will become famous soon enough
Training Solo

So, I live in rural Alaska, and the only MMA club around here is full of crackheads and criminals. As a person who works in criminal justice, and would rather not contract AIDS or other bloodborne pathogens, I choose not to train with these guys. There was a guy here who trained with Pat Miletich and crew, who was an awesome coach, but he moved out of town (he actually worked with Rich Franklin when he visited AK & fought in the AFC). I learned a lot from his training, but I'm back to solo training in boxing and jiu-jitsu. Actually I do have my girlfriend, who I practice submissions on. As fun as that can be, it's just not cutting it for me. I have weights, a heavy bag, and lots of room to run, bike, whatever for cardio. Does anyone have any suggestions for my training regimen? We have the Peninsula Fight Challenge, and the Alaska Fighting Chamionship, which I'd like to get into eventually. +Rep for anyone who helps me with this one.
davidm724 is offline   Reply With Quote