Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Matt Hamill in Shock over Rashad/Bisping

3K views 56 replies 31 participants last post by  bbjd7 
#1 ·
I posted a statement about my knee surgery on 9/25 so everyone would know it was minor, and I would be ready by mid December,” Hamill wrote. “I didn’t think six weeks was that long of a wait (but) apparently Bisping and the UFC did.

that is what he had to say about the upcoming fight, you think maybe UFC has no or little faith in this guy going anywhere. I know the SD sucked and bisping is the anti christ but I am more interested in what the future holds for The Hammer-he gained a lot of my respect for how he handled himself and how he fought. Just wondering if anyone has any opinions on the matter.

Source:
Matt Hamill “in Shock” Over UFC 78’s Evans-Bisping Booking -- UFC news at MMAjunkie.com

#28 ·
Lachk said:
Why does everybody hate Bisping? Other fighters talk shit about people after fights and they don't get ripped.

Don't hang the guy for shit that is out of his control. He didn't score the fight, and IMHO he did a good job in his fight with Matt.

Is there an ulterior motive for ripping him? Inbred hatred of the Brits per chance? Mike Bisping has worked damn hard to get where he is, he trained very hard in a country where MMA is in its infancy, became the top guy in Europe (say what you want there are hundreds of millions of us) and then came to the US and won TUF. There were no complaints about him then, then all of a sudden he gets a "dodgy" decision over a golden boy american who happens to be deaf and talks some smack up after he fight and you all hate him.

Truth of it is Bisping is a good fighter who has proved he deserves to be in the UFC and you guys hate him for doing what other people do. UNFAIR!!!

hahahahahaha what a TOTAL and complete homer!
You are so shallow I can see thru you!
Ok what fight did you watch thru English colored glasses?
Bisping got his ass handed to him 3 rounds solid. and he won a decision that the majority of the WORLD agreed was bogus as hell. He got the win cause he was in his hometown, if anyone has any INBRED hatred it must you, who sounds very Bloody british, die-hard, can't stand Americans type, so don't call the kettle black. Guilty dog barks first...CHAP!
And Hamil didn't talk any smack, that was your wonder-Boy Bispenis with his eloquent ever so nice and proper English "Back to wrestling with you!" oh yeah top-class all the way guy to admire pal!
He sure gets enough training in AMERICA you would think he could learn how to fight better, as for his skills, they are pathetic at best, and heres hoping you have a great excuse for the complete ass-beating he is about to earn at the hands of another of those nasty American fighters, you know those types who are inbred to hate. :) Yeah it's gonna be a pleasure to watch, then we can talk of bispings great skills again eh wot? :confused03:

#29 ·
Oh and what about that way cool hissy childish screaming tirade he went on about not wanting to sit down while his corner was attending to him (bisping of course) between rounds?
Now ask yourself was that just for show for his homer-boys in the audience,OR is he always a classless screeching baby?
Had I been his corner man I would told him to fornicate himself, and walked out! he acts like a spoilt overpaid brat who believes he is better than he is, and so humility by way of a proper ass-whipping is in order.....and like all children, long overdue!

#31 ·
js9234 said:
Do you know what you're talking about? He wasn't talking smack and demanding anything. Are you sure you don't have him confused with Bisping?
He's been talking smack ever since he got hurt on TUF3, and all i see now is more complaining and making snide comments about his rematch. All his talk over the last few months has accumulated to a point where im just sick of hearing him. STFU and train harder, then maybe you won't lose decisions to guys many people feel are not that good, yourself included. If you can't convincingly beat someone you've gone on record as saying isn't that good - what does that make you Matt?

I don't like seeing the big boys talking like him, much less mediocre guys like i think he is.

#32 ·
Flak said:
He's been talking smack ever since he got hurt on TUF3, and all i see now is more complaining and making snide comments about his rematch. All his talk over the last few months has accumulated to a point where im just sick of hearing him. STFU and train harder, then maybe you won't lose decisions to guys many people feel are not that good, yourself included. If you can't convincingly beat someone you've gone on record as saying isn't that good - what does that make you Matt?

I don't like seeing the big boys talking like him, much less mediocre guys like i think he is.
Hard to beat anyone when the judges are as blind as you are deaf.
he has a right to talk anything he wants, he was robbed.
Easy for you to say "train better and and dont leave it in the hands of judges", far as I, and MILLIONS of others saw was a 3 round round ass whipping of Bisping BY Hamil...........how much more does one person gotta do? Knock him out? Yeah wouldnt thatta been great? kinda hard to chase down a guy who runs.
no one is saying Hamil is the next Couture, all we are saying is he won that fight, and he is a better MMA-UFC fighter than Bisping, and he proved it, and still lost.

#33 ·
teachbug said:
Easy for you to say "train better and and dont leave it in the hands of judges", far as I, and MILLIONS of others saw was a 3 round round ass whipping of Bisping BY Hamil...........how much more does one person gotta do? Knock him out? Yeah wouldnt thatta been great? kinda hard to chase down a guy who runs.
no one is saying Hamil is the next Couture, all we are saying is he won that fight, and he is a better MMA-UFC fighter than Bisping, and he proved it, and still lost.
Why should he talk shit to Bisping about a decision he had no control over? That doesn't make sense and it would be really immature and retarded to do so.

#34 ·
Wawaweewa said:
Why should he talk shit to Bisping about a decision he had no control over? That doesn't make sense and it would be really immature and retarded to do so.
How exactly is saying the TRUTH, after the fact , shit talking.
You didnt see where bisping talked shit before , and after the fight?
You didnt see how hamil was graceful EVEN after a screw job?
All Hamil said was he thinks Bisping is ducking him, he is well enough, but they moved on after saying "oh for sure we will give you a rematch" once again hes lied to, and cheated.
I cant see where hamil is shit talking, he is just talking the truth.

#35 ·
teachbug said:
All Hamil said was he thinks Bisping is ducking him, he is well enough, but they moved on after saying "oh for sure we will give you a rematch" once again hes lied to, and cheated.
I never said Bisping never talked shit, but that doesn't mean Hamill should do it as well, which he has been doing. Hamill talked major shit before the fight, often saying Bisping didn't deserve to win the TUF 3 title. Do you understand how much that must piss someone off? That's the greatest accomplishment of his life, and Hamill was trying to minimize that.

Accusing Bisping of ducking the fight is shit talking. He has no reason to believe Bisping is ducking him, so he shouldn't say it.

#36 ·
Hamill is right; six weeks is not a long time to wait.

However neither is 8 or 10 or 12 weeks which is all Matt has to wait if he really wants to fight Bisping.

Bisping fights in the middle of November. He could easily fight again in February or March. Bisping/Hamill wouldn't have happened till the end of December. So now Matt has to wait instead of Bisping waiting. Boo hoo. Suck it up and train. It's irrelevant whether Bisping fights Rashad before he a rematch with Hamill. No title shots are on the line.

#37 ·
Wawaweewa said:
I never said Bisping never talked shit, but that doesn't mean Hamill should do it as well, which he has been doing. Hamill talked major shit before the fight, often saying Bisping didn't deserve to win the TUF 3 title. Do you understand how much that must piss someone off? That's the greatest accomplishment of his life, and Hamill was trying to minimize that.

Accusing Bisping of ducking the fight is shit talking. He has no reason to believe Bisping is ducking him, so he shouldn't say it.
Bisping DIDN'T deserve to win the show. :)
It should piss him off, the truth hurts.
After the face pouding bisping got from hamil he should be ducking him, and more than likely he IS ducking him.
And if he wasn't he shoulda protested the fight match up with rashad, and said " No Hamil deserves his rematch", BUT thats ok, He wasn't even smart enough to know its gonna be worse on him now, :)

#39 ·
Biowza said:
Well after Bispings classless display after their fight, I think Hamill has a right to say stuff like that.
I like how people have totally forgotten all the smack shit talk Hamill was saying prior to the fight. His hands still have blood on them...he is not the golden boy just cause Bisping fucked up.

#40 ·
Nobilis said:
I like how people have totally forgotten all the smack shit talk Hamill was saying prior to the fight. His hands still have blood on them...he is not the golden boy just cause Bisping fucked up.
agreed...the shit talking went both ways people just made a bigger deal about it when it came from bisping because of the questionable decision.

#41 ·
I can't believe that people are still this pissed off with Bisping. Sure, he said some stupid things after the fight, but it's not like if the Pope hade made a speech about how much he enjoys hookers. Bisping is a cocky guy, but you are allowed to be that i sports. The UFC is about fighting, not smooth talk. If you want politics, go see a debate or something.

#42 ·
Hmm... was sure that Matt had been talkin smack ever since he got injured on TUF, but whatever, he's the sudden american golden boy now so its all forgotten. He's suddenly injured 'again' so now the smack has begun once more. He should just suck it up, the decision was poor but it cant be changed, maybe he should go back to the gym an learn how to finish a fight in the future, then they'll be nothing to moan about.

#45 ·
teachbug said:
It's hardly ducking when he is going on to fight someone that is much better than Hammill

Rashad >>>> Hammill

#47 ·
iSHACKABUKU said:
This is pathetic, u all need to shut up and open you eyes. Hamil deserves this rematch, we all know this! the UFC knows this. I would say the UFC is trying to protect Bisping but i think Rashad will beat him so that is not quite protection.

This is just a bloody mess.
not really protection when your giving him a better fighter

#48 ·
teachbug said:
I had that fight 29-28 Hamill. Bisping won the last round imo.

However, that's neither here nor there. Theres a difference between beating someone, and beating them convincingly. Hamill won i agree, but he didn't do it in such a manner that the judges had no choice but to award him the win - or even better - stop Bisping.

The way Matt was talking prior to the fight, he should have come in there and walked through Bisping. Instead, it went to decision, and he left enough doubt in the judges mind for him to get robbed. Not the sign of a superior, dominant fighter like he was saying he was for months. He pulled a Tito, talked a tough game, but failed to back it up. Now he's whining like a bitch. That shit annoys me. Shut up and train and make sure you convincingly beat your next opponent, because as it stands, you're a middle of the curve fighter talking like someone better than you are.

#49 ·
teachbug said:
hahahahahaha what a TOTAL and complete homer!

Could you explain to me what a "Homer" is please, this is obviously a coloquialism I am unaware of.

Ok what fight did you watch thru English colored glasses?
Bisping got his ass handed to him 3 rounds solid. and he won a decision that the majority of the WORLD agreed was bogus as hell. He got the win cause he was in his hometown, if anyone has any INBRED hatred it must you, who sounds very Bloody british, die-hard, can't stand Americans type, so don't call the kettle black. Guilty dog barks first...CHAP!

You seem to be taking offense at the term inbred, this does not mean that you procreate with your relatives. The context I was using it in is that it is "inbred" into your psychi by the bias, circumstances and education of your upbringing. So relax a bit :)

And Hamil didn't talk any smack, that was your wonder-Boy Bispenis with his eloquent ever so nice and proper English "Back to wrestling with you!" oh yeah top-class all the way guy to admire pal!

Must have been somebody else bitching and whining sonce TUF 3 then

He sure gets enough training in AMERICA you would think he could learn how to fight better, as for his skills, they are pathetic at best,

Yeah, his pathetic skills only helped him beat the other challengers on TUF and the other obviously useless people before Hammil

and heres hoping you have a great excuse for the complete ass-beating he is about to earn at the hands of another of those nasty American fighters, you know those types who are inbred to hate. :) Yeah it's gonna be a pleasure to watch, then we can talk of bispings great skills again eh wot? :confused03:
Fair enough, if he does lose his next fight then he will have to get back and start training again.

I do think you may have taken my comments far too personally and read hate and contempt into my words. If I wanted to offend you I would have tried much harder.

#50 ·
Flak said:
I had that fight 29-28 Hamill. Bisping won the last round imo.

However, that's neither here nor there. Theres a difference between beating someone, and beating them convincingly. Hamill won i agree, but he didn't do it in such a manner that the judges had no choice but to award him the win - or even better - stop Bisping.

The way Matt was talking prior to the fight, he should have come in there and walked through Bisping. Instead, it went to decision, and he left enough doubt in the judges mind for him to get robbed. Not the sign of a superior, dominant fighter like he was saying he was for months. He pulled a Tito, talked a tough game, but failed to back it up. Now he's whining like a bitch. That shit annoys me. Shut up and train and make sure you convincingly beat your next opponent, because as it stands, you're a middle of the curve fighter talking like someone better than you are.

Exactly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.