MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - HBO, UFC Part Ways. It's a No-Go.

View Single Post

Old 10-06-2007, 12:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
jasvll
Super Heavyweight

jasvll Is Beloved By Alljasvll Is Beloved By Alljasvll Is Beloved By Alljasvll Is Beloved By Alljasvll Is Beloved By Alljasvll Is Beloved By Alljasvll Is Beloved By Alljasvll Is Beloved By Alljasvll Is Beloved By Alljasvll Is Beloved By Alljasvll Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by kds13
This doesn't really bother me either way...and actually it may be a good thing. The UFC was gonna have to use all of HBO's production team. No Rogan, no Goldie...thats not really UFC to me. I've gotten so used to them it would be weird to not have them there.
I wouldn't want to lose them, but I wouldn't mind a few UFC events covered independently of UFC.

Quote:
Also, the current set-up with Spike and PPV's seems to be working perfectly. I don't see why they would change it.
I think Spike will always be a losing deal for UFC, revenue wise. It's essentially a commercial for the UFC product. The money Colgate spends on commercials for toothpaste is made up in sales of toothpaste, not people watching commercials. Zuffa is looking for a TV deal that creates another product line, something I don't think basic cable will ever be able to offer. Opinion, not fact.
That longing to return to the retarded past can only be born of some collective, subconscious, internal desire to try to turn back the clock on humanity and halt our obvious progression towards the inevitable zombie apocalypse of 2012.
jasvll is offline   Reply With Quote