Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Tito Still Not Ready For Liddell

16K views 455 replies 58 participants last post by  blackskimmer 
#1 ·
I know that Tito looked great last night, but there is no way that a fight with Liddell would take the same path. As good as Tito looked, I still say he's no match for Liddell.

#52 ·
I'm guessing you missed the part where I said Mark Hunt & Mirko Cro Cop couldn't knock Wanderlei out? That is the only explaination I have for your insistance that Chuck would KO Silva. Or maybe you think Chuck hits harder than Cro Cop or Hunt? :laugh:

#53 ·
Chuck also knocked out Kevin Randleman which Cro Cop wasn't able to do. He also knocked out Randy Couture who had never been knocked out despite taking hits from some of biggest and hardest hitters in MMA.

Silva has been knocked out before by fighters with less punching power than Chuck.. If Chuck hits him with a good shot he will go out. Its that simple. He is not Superman.

Pogo

#54 ·
Nobody said he is superman, but he is no idiot either. I think you guys give Liddell way too much credit. Who has he beaten other than Babalu? An over the hill Couture? Tito "I quit if I can't take you down" Ortiz? There is just a little too much UFC nuthugging going on here for this to be realistic.

Chuck's last loss came to Rampage, and while it was more than a couple years ago, Rampage lost to Silva right after that and almost lost to Arona as well if not for a miracle powerbomb/Headbutt. Now, while that does not say how one fighter will do against another it does give you an idea of what kind of competition these guys have been facing. I mean Sobral was talked about as the greatest thing in LHW since sliced bread, but he is a lower top 10 in Pride's LHW division, AT BEST.

You gotta keep things in prespective here. I am a HUGE UFC fan, but you can't let your little hard ons determine what is real. What is real is that Wanderlei has constantly fought top 10 LHW fighters for years & still remains the champion, whereas Chuck has feasted on inferior opponents for much of his time in the UFC over the last few years.

#55 ·
Pr0d1gy said:
Nobody said he is superman, but he is no idiot either. I think you guys give Liddell way too much credit. Who has he beaten other than Babalu? An over the hill Couture? Tito "I quit if I can't take you down" Ortiz? There is just a little too much UFC nuthugging going on here for this to be realistic.

Chuck's last loss came to Rampage, and while it was more than a couple years ago, Rampage lost to Silva right after that and almost lost to Arona as well if not for a miracle powerbomb/Headbutt. Now, while that does not say how one fighter will do against another it does give you an idea of what kind of competition these guys have been facing. I mean Sobral was talked about as the greatest thing in LHW since sliced bread, but he is a lower top 10 in Pride's LHW division, AT BEST.

You gotta keep things in prespective here. I am a HUGE UFC fan, but you can't let your little hard ons determine what is real. What is real is that Wanderlei has constantly fought top 10 LHW fighters for years & still remains the champion, whereas Chuck has feasted on inferior opponents for much of his time in the UFC over the last few years.
props:thumbsup:

#56 ·
We can go back and forth on this all night.

"Couture over the hill and inferior?"

He had just won the title for the second time two shows previous from a fighter who demolished Silva in less than a minute (Belfort). He had reached his career peak like a year or two previous. He was still at the top.

"Tito "I quit if I can't take you down" Ortiz?"

And yet Silva couldn't take the title from him. So what does that say about Silva.

See what I mean? We can go back and forth forever.

Pogo

#57 ·
how can u say that chucks cardio will weaken, tito will be the weaker one when hes eaten all those punches and kicks, tito wont win, its nearly impossible, couture couldnt even hold chuck down, theres no way that tito could.tito has no chance, and if he does win, someone like babalu or evans will come and take the belt from him.

#61 ·
Let's see. Randleman & Belfort both suffer from crackhead disease where one night they look like they could beat Fedor, then the next 3 fights they couldn't beat Mahood. Belfort has long been known as the best fighter to never beat anybody.

Babalu is a sub fighter who foolishly tried to trade with Chuck twice. Horn is about a buck sixty soaking wet.

Ortiz is a product of his own hot air & ego. Put him in the ring with any top 10 LHW & he will lose unless he SIGNIFICANTLY outmuscles them (i.e. Horn).

White? Do you mean Vernon "Tiger" White? Come on man, you might as well say he knocked out the old guy from Bum Fights...

Couture is his only win of any real relevance. You point out that Randy beat Belfort shortly before that, and I said Belfort has never beaten anyone worth a damn. The biggest thing about Randy v Chuck is that the nearing 40 Randy was the former HW champ and actually beat Liddell the first time.

I'm not saying it is impossible that Chuck would win, I think he would because neither would stop the other & the judges would be UFC judges, but I don't see Chuck knocking him out or dominating the fight in any way unless he could lay n pray on Silva all night. Funny thing is Ortiz is ideally suited for this fight, yet they still risk Chuck. Well, I hope it actually happens & I will say this, Silva couldn't drop Chuck.

#62 ·
Pr0d1gy said:
I'm guessing you missed the part where I said Mark Hunt & Mirko Cro Cop couldn't knock Wanderlei out? That is the only explaination I have for your insistance that Chuck would KO Silva. Or maybe you think Chuck hits harder than Cro Cop or Hunt? :laugh:

chuck is tough but i would like to see him go against fighters such as "Shogun". Wanderlei or Mirko...

i think it would shatter alot of chucks fans hearts

#63 ·
Organik said:
chuck is tough but i would like to see him go against fighters such as "Shogun". Wanderlei or Mirko...

i think it would shatter alot of chucks fans hearts

Yeah man, I love Chuck, he is one of my top 5 favorite fighters, but I think if Mirko got a hold of him he would lose pretty bad...of course Silva didn't look great against Cro Cop either. Like I said, it is a pretty even fight with Silva & Liddell. I think what they need to do is make it a no time limit fight to the end like the old UFC did so the judges can't screw it up...lol

#64 ·
Pr0d1gy said:
Yeah man, I love Chuck, he is one of my top 5 favorite fighters, but I think if Mirko got a hold of him he would lose pretty bad...of course Silva didn't look great against Cro Cop either. Like I said, it is a pretty even fight with Silva & Liddell. I think what they need to do is make it a no time limit fight to the end like the old UFC did so the judges can't screw it up...lol
haha wow thatd be amazing

#65 ·
You wanna compare Silvas record in Pride. OK lets do it.

Fujita- Overated slug. Pride verion of Tank Abbott.

Yuki Kondo- UFC reject who left on a losing streak.

Hidenhiko Yoshida- No name scrub

Ikuhisa Minowa- Can (He lost to freakin UFC reject Phil Baroni for Christ sake)

Tatsuya Iwasaki- No name scrub. His first and only fight. :laugh: These are the fighters they feed to Silva to build him up.

Kazuhiro "The Punk" Nakamura- Can

Shongo Oyuma - Can

Kiyoshi Tamura- Can

Hiromitsu Kanehara- Can

Alexander Ostuka- Can

With the exception of Rampage Jackson, Sakuraba and Ricardo Arona all of his wins consist of nobodies or cans with almost as many loses as wins and some with more loses on their record than wins (yes I checked). Thats some pretty stiff competition right there. :laugh:

You also ragg on Chucks win over Vitor and Tito but it was Vitor who mauled Silva and Tito who finally senk him packing to Pride if I recall. So what does that say about Silva?

Pogo

#66 ·
Tito v Chuck

Confidence? Tito has gained my respect by actually coaching his Ultimate Fighter team. I saw someone actually "teaching" his craft....didn't have to. That being said, Tito just fought 3 fights against a washed up 41 year old fighter. Fact is Shamrock is no longer a competitive fighter and should have retired long ago. Meanwhile, Chuck has taken on top fighters and sent them packing. Tito is smart and will not equate his victories over Ken to the better talent in the UFC. I don't think chuck will be intimidated....respectful yes, but he is not going to go to the ground where Tito is strong. I think Liddell has to be favored....regardless of Tito's confidence. Tito deserves this shot and it is a fight the fans want.

I also thought Shamrock handled himself with class in losing.

#67 ·
Time favors Tito

aznmaniac0909 said:
but you have to agree IF Tito can keep chuck down long enough to wear him into the latter rounds its game over for chuck
I understand a few facts: 1. Chuck hits like a mule. 2. Tito will be in top condition. Chuck is heavy favorite rounds one and two, past that Tito has a serious chance as Chuck can get gassed.

#68 ·
jdun11 said:
noone is talking about Chucks cardio, i guarantee Chucks takedown defese will weaken the longer the fight goes on , and Tito will only get stronger..thas why i feel Tito will wither win by tko in the fourth or fifth round, or get the decision

I think you might have a point.... If Tito can avoid getting KOed in the first 3

#69 ·
Chuck is sooo overrated and one dimensional, all he has is his ko power and takedown defence and its funny how ufc have only put wrestlers against chuck. As for people saying that even randy couldnt take chuck down the 2nd and 3rd time well maybe if he wasnt poked in the eye in the second fight and slipped in the third it might of been a different story. So in conclusion i think tito will have good enough wrestling to take chuck down and lay into him with elbows, even if chuck tries to stand back up i think tito will start throwing elbows and punches close in and doing some dirty boxing..ie courture's first fight with chuck.

But if chuck wins which is still the most likley scenario who is left for chuc to fight?

#70 ·
Pogo the Clown said:
We can go back and forth on this all night.

"Couture over the hill and inferior?"

He had just won the title for the second time two shows previous from a fighter who demolished Silva in less than a minute (Belfort). He had reached his career peak like a year or two previous. He was still at the top.

"Tito "I quit if I can't take you down" Ortiz?"

And yet Silva couldn't take the title from him. So what does that say about Silva.

See what I mean? We can go back and forth forever.

Pogo
jesus christ bring up facts that are recent and would be relevent if they fought NOW how long ago did wanderlei and belfort fight 8 years ago? and did you see the tito wanderlei fight? tito didnt dominate him id say it was fairly close and that was 6 years ago!

#71 ·
Gracie Barra said:
how can u say that chucks cardio will weaken, tito will be the weaker one when hes eaten all those punches and kicks, tito wont win, its nearly impossible, couture couldnt even hold chuck down, theres no way that tito could.tito has no chance, and if he does win, someone like babalu or evans will come and take the belt from him.
your comment about chuck and tito isnt complete bullshit but the evans and babalu one is evans probably couldnt take forrest and is the most boring fighter ive ever seen and babalu .....we all saw that brutal knockout delivered by the iceman but if tito is going to beat the iceman he better be prepared to do it real soon again cause i guarentee the ufc is going make them go at it again right after

#72 ·
Pogo the Clown said:
You wanna compare Silvas record in Pride. OK lets do it.

Fujita- Overated slug. Pride verion of Tank Abbott.

Yuki Kondo- UFC reject who left on a losing streak.

Hidenhiko Yoshida- No name scrub

Ikuhisa Minowa- Can (He lost to freakin UFC reject Phil Baroni for Christ sake)

Tatsuya Iwasaki- No name scrub. His first and only fight. :laugh: These are the fighters they feed to Silva to build him up.

Kazuhiro "The Punk" Nakamura- Can

Shongo Oyuma - Can

Kiyoshi Tamura- Can

Hiromitsu Kanehara- Can

Alexander Ostuka- Can

With the exception of Rampage Jackson, Sakuraba and Ricardo Arona all of his wins consist of nobodies or cans with almost as many loses as wins and some with more loses on their record than wins (yes I checked). Thats some pretty stiff competition right there. :laugh:

You also ragg on Chucks win over Vitor and Tito but it was Vitor who mauled Silva and Tito who finally senk him packing to Pride if I recall. So what does that say about Silva?

Pogo

dont forget guy mezger and dan henderson :D

#73 ·
Chrisl972 said:
Well for one reason, Liddell is one of the hardest men to take down out there. And when you do get him down, all he wants to do is get it stood back up.

I don't think that Tito can even come close to a stand up fight with Chuck and I don't see tito having the ability to take Chuck down and keep him down.
I agree with Joe Rogan here, a confident Tito Ortiz is hard to stop. And Liddell does have pretty good takedown defense, but its not impossible to take him down, Randy took him down very often, Rampage took him down at will, so if Tito trys he should get chuck down. As for the stand-up, people tend to forget about how good Tito was doing against Chuck when they fought, He was standing with him and trading, then Chuck poked Tito in the eye and capitolized on Tito being stunned. Tito trains with some of the best in the world, and nobody trains as hard as him. So don't be so quick to look past him, he can and probably will take the belt back from Chuck.

#74 ·
DangerMouse666 said:
Um No , That's not gonna happen. Liddel is gonna have it wrapped up by the third round. Tito is more hype than truth, I don't see him keepin' Chuck down long enough to cause enough damage to him. Chuck will get him with a cluster of bombs and it will be stopped.
hahahahahaha, more hype than truth? hahahahahaha Apparently you are pretty new to this sport my friend. Tito Ortiz is world class competition.
Really man think about it, Tito has had this hype for almost 10 years now. If he was all hype and no truth, I think we would have realized it somewhere down the line of his 10 year career. And if you think for one second that the later round will belong to Chuck, you are sadly mistaken, Tito is famous for his conditioning, Chuck has to KO him in the 1 or 2 round or its goodbye belt for Liddell. Now don't get me wrong, Liddell is a beast, but he is human and he is beatable, Tito is confident, and injury free, he is dangerous and you are underestimating him on a moronic level. Do us all a favor, if you truly don't know what you are talking about then please just don't say anything.

#75 · (Edited)
Gracie Barra said:
Hahaha, Your entire post is a joke! Did you see the first fight between Chuck and Randy because he was able to hold him down. Tito will be the weaker one? Tito is known for his Cardio and since he is 100% healthy he will easily be able to out last Chuck in the later rounds. Did you see the first fight between Chuck and Tito? Tito was holding his own in the first round and in December Tito will make you eat your words because he will come into that fight with a great game plan and make it work. Saying that Tito has no chance is idiotic and shows how much you don’t know….speaking of how much you don’t know. “Evans or Rento will take the belt from Tito” Hahahaha. Ortiz vs Evans will look a lot like Tito vs Ken 3 and Tito vs Rento would end with Tito controlling Rento with his strength and sub defense and Tito will GnP Babalu into the mat.

#76 ·
Chrisl972 said:
Ok Chuck is not going to submit Tito and Tito is not going to knock Chuck out. But Chuck is going to get KTFO.
soooo, what you are saying here is that Tito is not going to knock out chuck.
And in the next line you say, Cuck is going to get Knocked The **** Out.

soooo, who is it then that is going to knock him out? I'm confused :dunno:

Did you mean that Chuck is going to KO tito?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.