Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

UFC 207 Championship Pick 'em

2K views 27 replies 4 participants last post by  Andrus 
#1 ·
This is a sign up thread for the next event in the Championship Pick 'em League. UFC 207 takes place in two weeks starting at appr. 6:30 PM ET or 11:30 PM GMT. There are 2 title fights on this event live from the T-Mobile Arena in Vegas! Here we go!

Since the champ, boatoar, signed up for this event, he'll defend this:

The scheduled fights include:

Amanda Nunes vs Ronda Rousey
Dominick Cruz vs Cody Garbrandt
T.J. Dillashaw vs John Lineker
Johny Hendricks vs Neil Magny
Dong Hyun Kim vs Tarec Saffiedine
Alex Garcia vs Mike Pyle
Ray Borg vs Louis Smolka
Tim Means vs Alex Oliveira
Antonio Carlos Junior vs Marvin Vettori
Niko Price vs Brandon Thatch

Feel free to join in even if you've never played before. If you have any questions let someone know. If you sign up and don't send picks for fights by the time they start each one will be wrong. You can change picks you send leading up the event, but not once it starts. Here's how to pick:

This info comes from Walker's rules/help thread found here: Link.

Select the correct fighter: 10 points, if you get that right other points are available
Select the correct method of win: 5 points
Method includes Submission, KO/TKO and Decision.
Select the correct round of win: 3 points
If you select the fight to end by decision then you must choose either unanimous, split or majority instead of a round. If you want to predict a rare outcome such as a DQ, NC or a draw you may do that as well. For the DQ, include the name of the winning fighter and the round it occurred, for the NC just the round, and for a draw include the type of draw the decision was (unanimous, split or majority).

In addition you can earn bonus points for EACH fight by putting the fights in order from your most confident pick to your least confident when you PM them. If there are 10 fights on the card then your most confident pick could earn you an extra 10 points if you get it correct.
Main Event

boatoar (41-20-1) vs Joabbuac (18-16)

Main Card
dudeabides (60-58-2) vs Andrus (20-32)

Members signed up:

Andrus
boatoar
Joabbuac
dudeabides

Thanks for signing up everybody, picks due Dec. 30th by 6:30 PM Eastern.

See less See more
#8 ·
Results for UFC 207 Championship Pick 'em

The correct calls were:

Means/Oliveira NC
Price sub 1
Garcia KO 1
Junior UD
Magny UD
Borg UD
Kim SD
Dillashaw UD
Garbrandt UD
Nunes TKO 1
The Matchups

Main Event

boatoar (42-20-1) vs Joabbuac (18-17)

Fight won by boatoar 112 to 108 FOTN!

And still.... the champ of the CPL, here's your belt:

Main Card

dudeabides (60-59-2) vs Andrus (21-32)
Fight won by Andrus 143 to 60 KOTN!

Thanks for playing everybody on another double payout event, see you in a couple months for the next show. High score went to ... Andrus with an amazing 143 on a ten fight card.

Picks

boatoar
Ronda Rousey sub1 :thumbsdown:
Neil Magny UD 27
Tim Means KO 2 :thumbsdown:
Dominick Cruz UD :thumbsdown:
T.J. Dillashaw UD 24
Alex Garcia KO 1 23
Marvin Vettori TKO 3 :thumbsdown:
Dong Hyun Kim UD 18
Ray Borg UD 20
Brandon Thatch KO 1 :thumbsdown:
Total right 5 of 10 for 112 points
Joabbuac
Alex Garcia TKO 2 25
Brandon Thatch TKO 2 :thumbsdown:
T.J. Dillashaw UD 26
Neil Magny TKO 3 17
Dominick Cruz UD :thumbsdown:
Ronda Rousey SUB 3 :thumbsdown:
Antonio Carlos Junior UD 22
Dong Hyun Kim UD 18
Louis Smolka UD :thumbsdown:
Tim Means UD :thumbsdown:
Total right 5 of 10 for 108 points
dudeabides
Cruz UD :thumbsdown:
Rousey sub 1 :thumbsdown:
Dillashaw UD 26
Kim UD 22
Hendricks TKO 2 :thumbsdown:
Means UD :thumbsdown:
Pyle TKO 1 :thumbsdown:
Thatch TKO 3 :thumbsdown:
Junior Sub 1 12
Smolka UD :thumbsdown:
Total right 3 of 10 for 60 points
Andrus
Amanda Nunes KO 2nd 25
T.J. Dillashaw KO 2nd 19
Cody Garbrandt KO 3rd 18
Neil Magny UD 25
Dong Hyun Kim KO 3rd 16
Brandon Thatch KO 2nd :thumbsdown:
Mike Pyle UD :thumbsdown:
Ray Borg UD 21
Tim Means KO 2nd :thumbsdown:
Antonio Carlos Junior UD 19
Total right 7 of 10 for 143 points
That about does it, wraps 'er all up. If anybody knows or thinks I messed up any part of it send me a message please.

#11 ·
haha, no doubt. Grats on the fight. We picked em all the same fighter except this one it looks like. Didn't do the math, but hard for me to make it up now. Cheers playboy.

** oh and I had Smolka and changed it with dude minutes before the first prelim fight. Last time I did that was switching Pennington to Tate and we know how that went.

Lol, but it gives me a shot if Borg wins.

You will be assimilated.

#18 ·
Atta boy borgy! we shall see. I feel like I'll lose by 1 -3 pts lol

I think if Ronda wins by sub in the rounds we didn't pick , and cruz and dilla both win by Dec , we draw!
haha. Ronda in 1 is the only way I can win, unless tj loses. haha. then I still can as long as you aren't dead on. gonna be siiick.
Ronda rd 1 at 1:09 hehe
down to the fackin wire yet again.

#25 ·
hahahaha. when you said it was a 4 pt lead I took your word for it. 74-70 for you! nah 42+22 is 64 not 74 lol I was up 70-64 (6 pts ya ****in drunk!) and based everything off there. That 10 pt swing messed me up for the remainder. I'm actually quite good with math. lol, but I also never did any more after that. I'll never trust ya again, hehe. And these drinks sure are tasty!

Cheers, Joab. I lost a $260 bet to win $200 bet on Ronda and lost $50 worth of prop bets before that. Kept my belt and lost every bet! Whoops!

#27 ·
:laugh: It was fun watching you thinking i was winning for a bit though, although it was kinda still on that last fight, if Ronda had won, which seems the most unlikely thing in the world right now.

I managed to break even plus a little extra with a sneaky parley on Cody&Nunes, so i'm happy for that at least. If Cruz and Ronda had won i would be up about £400 right now, but it all went wrong :/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.