Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Forum Skin

923 views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  M_D 
#1 ·
I am not trying to be a dick or anything, but I must say this skin is pretty low quality. With the money you guys are bringing in you guys should definitely get a new and improved skin. Just my opinion though, I am sure many won't agree with me, but what ever.

#4 ·
CK187 said:
I am not talking about how easy it isto get around and stuff, that part is fine. I am talking about the way it looks. I am just saying it could be a lot better, and whoever owns the site should seriously consider re-doing the layout.
I also meant i like the way it looks but i respect your opinion on this subject.

#6 ·
Well, for a website that is bringing in extreme amounts of money, I'd like to see some. :D The moderation team is made up of volenteers, who want to clean up the messes around here. There isn't as much money as one would think. As for the skin, simple is better. The less graphical the skin is, the faster the loadtime is. It's slow enough for some users, with all the signitures and Avatars. Remember, just because your computer can load everything in .02 seconds. Doesn't mean everyone's can. :thumbsup:

#7 ·
Yeah, that is true.
But it doesn't need to be all flashy...like, for example, I think taking away this grey background would make it look way better. Little things like that. Or they could hire someone to make a great skin that is low in file size or w/e. It was just a thought that I thought the owner might want to know.

#8 ·
I think MMAF has one of the best skins anywhere on the interwebz. Its simple to read and follow, loads quick and is very subtly, what more do you need.

I honostly cannot spend more than 10 minutes viewing the Sherdick forum, the layout and colour gives me headaches, its also very slow as well.

MMAF has really hit the jackpot, theyve done everything perfectly

Kudos rdl

#11 ·
I was a member of a different MMA forum, like mmaworld.org or something I think. They had this little thing on the bottom of the homepage where you can change the skin yourself. It had like 4 choices of color schemes. I like the skin the way it is though. If it changes then I might have to remake my avatar...and I don't really feel like doing that lol.

#14 ·
i agree 100% actually.

this plain skin gives the forum no identity. we need a theme, a colour scheme, an identity.

looks kinda like any other forum out there.

CroCopPride said:
the skin is ok, give it more then 23 posts...
i've given it 1300+ and it's still boring...

#16 ·
CroCopPride said:
the skin is ok, give it more then 23 posts...
I have known this forum for about half a year, and actually, the only thing that held me back from signing up was the skin. It makes it look like a kind of low-end forum. But not all of you have to agree with me...it is an opinion not a fact...and I guess this forum doesn't need to worry about more members any way because they have like 20 billion of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.