Date: 10/14/2006 10:00 PM ET
Event Type: PPV Live
Rich Franklin Vs. Anderson Silva
Kenny Florian and Sean Sherk

RESULTS
Keith Jardine and Mike Nickels fight cancelled as per UFC.com
Yushin Okami defeats Kalib Starnes
Clayton Guida defeats vs. Justin James by rear naked choke :thumbsup:
Kurt Pellegrino deafeats Junior Assuncao by rear naked choke!
Spencer Fisher deafeats vs. Dan Lauzon by TKO at 4:38 first round

Carmelo Marrero defeats Cheick Kongo
Official Score:
29-28 Marrero
29-28 Kongo
29-28 Marrero

Jon Fitch defeats Kuniyoshi Hironaka
Official score:
30-25
30-27
30-27

Sean Sherk defeats Kenny Florian
Official Score:
49-46
49-46
50-48

Anderson Silva defeats Rich Franklin in the first round!

See less See more
#77 ·
sad to say i was anticipating this fight more than any I have seen in the past and i was unable to watch it cuz of fam obligations. but damn, i am a huge silva fan, so u can imagine my pleasant suprise when i logged on today and saw he won in first round!!!!!!! does anyone know where i could find a vid of the fight??

#78 ·
Sho'nuff said:
How could you be so definitive in your decision that Silva was going to win. Were you just going off the Leben fight? or have you seen Silva fight in the past.

If your going off the Leben fight than your just guessing. Leben is way overratted & he never tucks his chin & he always drops his hands.

Franklin leads with his head down & throws roundhouses which leave him suceptible to accurate punches which Silva has....

Just throwing out the 2 cents. If you can backup your prediction than I'm all about it....
It seemed Rich should have put on a better show ... I said this in a previous forum, Franklin seemed scared walking to the Octagon, he wasn't himself. Looking at his competition in the past, he has not really beat "a" level competition but still the Vegas oddmakers had him a solid favourite ... this whole thing just proves that the UFC and Pride should try to come together a bit more because the pools of talent should really be intermingled more. Everyone thought Rich was the sh*t but he was exposed very easily .. we need more world class fighters in UFC to give it credibility

#79 ·
All I have to say is wow.. from looking at Silva's record and some of the video on youtube... He definately has great skill. I didn't think he'd walk over Franklin that easy. I agree that Franklin looked timid in the ring. I really wonder if he was 100% ready to go. from my observation, I would have to say no... it's going to be hard for Silva to win over the american crowd when he doesn't speak english.. I guess he'll just let his fighting talk for him. very impessive.

Over all.. some good and some bad bouts. the Sherk/Florian fight went longer than I thought.. I was looking for Sherk to dominated and finished it early.. but hats off the Florian.. the guy can defend well and must have a razor blades embeded in his elbows.

#81 ·
esv said:
wait a minute your trying to tell me that you paid $40.00 for every ppv for 3 years. Dude thats f***** crazy, the only paperview i saw is ufc 60. you must be a rich person or something.

haha im only 20n and i have watched every single UFC and Pride payperview in the last 2 years i dont even think ive missed one in 2 years

#83 ·
Random question for someone: I'm trying to find an entrance song for one of the fighters from 64 (I think it was Sherk or Florian, but I'm not sure). It was just a guitar and a guy singing (I think it may have been Johnny Cash) and all I can remember is the one line "... man from Galilee..." Anyone know the song or know of a good place to find a list of entrance songs used by fighters? Thanks.

#84 ·
Boring battles...

here is the play by play for 3 of the fights for UFC 64...

Round1 ... Fight!
<fighter1> gets the takedown on <fighter2>
<fighter1> moves <fighter2> against the fence
<fighter2> is wedged against the fence
<fighter1> has proceeded to drop the elbows onto <fighter2>'s face
yawn
ding! end of round

at some point <fighter2> absorbes too much damage and it ends

This is pretty much *all* the game that Tito, Hughes, and (now) Sherk have.

Its just frak'n sad thats all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.