MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Asian Fighters

Thread: Asian Fighters
View Single Post

Old 10-15-2006, 02:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
FromHereOn
ACI Level 1

FromHereOn is on a distinguished roadFromHereOn is on a distinguished roadFromHereOn is on a distinguished roadFromHereOn is on a distinguished roadFromHereOn is on a distinguished road
I think there's about as many Asian fighters in UFC as there are Americans in Pride. They exist, but I favor the crap out of Pride because there's almost no US fighters.

Pride is based in Japan, and there's only one Japanese born title-holder. They also have a TON of Japanese fighters- just goes to show you the diversity of the talent. Look at the UFC belt holders- mostly US throughout it's history. MMA is probably going to be absorbed into the olympics before most of us die- and I'd bet it will look a LOT more like Pride.

End answer, UFC's recruiting is lackluster in the international department. I think world-wide combat makes MMA as great as it is. I'd crap my pants if we could get a fighter to represent each country every four years. Something like that would put boxing and K-1 entirely out of business.

"...They're not coming out here swinging, and brawling, and just going to spend their wad."

-Stephen Quadros "The Fight Professor"

"Can you say that?"

-Eddie Bravo, Co-Announcer
FromHereOn is offline   Reply With Quote