• Mike "Quick" Swick

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Josh Burkman

Votes: 12 44.4%

Swick vs. Burkman

885 views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  bbjd7 
#1 ·
Who ya got?

I'm taking Swick 2nd round TKO. I think the first round they feel each other out. Burkman might get a takedown but i don't think he'll keep him down to long. And then In the 2nd Swick will hit a flurry and put him down the ref will stop it and I will flip out and be happy for weeks.

#8 ·
Do you guys think Burkman can get Swick to the ground as easy as Okami did?

Because that's the only way I see Burkman beating Swick and I don't think Burkman will have such an easy time getting Swick to the ground. I mean Okami took Mike down at will and it was still a close fight until the 3rd round, Swick almost finished Okami who has a rock solid chin and he even mounted a mini comeback at the end of the 3rd.

I mean I just don't think Burkman is that good of a wrestler he will win this fight in the same fashion as Okami.

#9 ·
bbjd7 said:
Do you guys think Burkman can get Swick to the ground as easy as Okami did?

Because that's the only way I see Burkman beating Swick and I don't think Burkman will have such an easy time getting Swick to the ground. I mean Okami took Mike down at will and it was still a close fight until the 3rd round, Swick almost finished Okami who has a rock solid chin and he even mounted a mini comeback at the end of the 3rd.

I mean I just don't think Burkman is that good of a wrestler he will win this fight in the same fashion as Okami.
Burkman has some sick takedowns IMO.

#11 ·
Damone said:
I'm actually going with Burkman in this fight. I think he's going to be too strong for Swick. Burkman's chin is solid, his sub defense is decent, and his cardio sort of sucks. He needs to work on the latter part, but I think he has a solid chance.

I agree. I think this is going to be a great fight with Burkman coming out on top. I am really glad they didn't give Swick an easy fight for his first fight at WW

#15 ·
Burkman really could be a lot better. He's talented, but the guy really does seem unmotivated at times. He also has a horrible nickname, but that's already known by everyone and their mother.

Swick's a scrappy guy, but I don't know, Burkman's strong and could keep Swick down.

#17 ·
I would say if Swick isn't in his own head like he seemed to be against Okami the strength shouldn't effect him to much.

I mean at the end of the fight when he realized he had to do something drastic and seemed to forget about the strength he turned the table on Okami (who is far stronger than Burkman) and looked good for the last 40 secs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.