MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Tommy vs. Ben

Thread: Tommy vs. Ben
View Single Post

Old 11-29-2007, 12:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
NavyChief
Bantamweight

NavyChief is a jewel in the roughNavyChief is a jewel in the roughNavyChief is a jewel in the roughNavyChief is a jewel in the roughNavyChief is a jewel in the roughNavyChief is a jewel in the roughNavyChief is a jewel in the roughNavyChief is a jewel in the roughNavyChief is a jewel in the roughNavyChief is a jewel in the roughNavyChief is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mma17 View Post
Ben's subs were decent and i respect tommy for not tapping but all in all i wasn't impressed with both of them. They both gassed, ben can't finish a submission because he doesn't know how to arch back with the arm bar to extend it and he can't slide his hips over to square up for the triangle. Tommy can't pass guard. I think with training Ben would actually be the better fighter. I don't think tommy's striking can ever get very good because he isn't built to be a striker.
Tommy didn't really look gassed to me. He was tired of course, but maybe you and view gassed with a little more variation (umps do the same thing calling the zone..). Not sure what arm bar you saw...but the one I was looking at was bending said arm backwards at a pretty nasty angle.
NavyChief is offline   Reply With Quote