MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The Headbutt?

Thread: The Headbutt?
View Single Post

Old 06-17-2006, 01:36 PM   #28 (permalink)
The Don
Welterweight

The Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Isn't the point of MMA to simulate a street fight in a controlled situation. That's the way I understand it anyway.

I understand the bit about keeping both fighters safe and all, but I guess I prioritize a little bit differently.
Yes and no. You have to remmber above all else its a compitetion. No one does this in hopes of ending up with severe brain damage but not alot of people understand how different injuries effect the body over a long term period. Sadly boxing has not taking this into consideration but most boxers nowadays are well aware of the risks from getting to many blows to the head over a long period of time since MMA has so much more dynamics to its compititions there are not as many blows aimed directly at the head over hte course of a fight due to shorter fight lengths and so many other options open to a fighter this is as not as serious as a concern but head butts would just add to this and introduce extra risk that is not really needed, where as in a street fight it is a good strike, in MMA it is not really needed.

My BJJ and MMA Blog

BJJ Board

Use No Way as Way, Have No Limitation as Limitation.
Vincere Vel Mori

Yea I still exist.
The Don is offline   Reply With Quote