MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Tommy vs. Ben

Thread: Tommy vs. Ben
View Single Post

Old 11-30-2007, 06:46 AM   #19 (permalink)
davidm724
Featherweight

davidm724 will become famous soon enoughdavidm724 will become famous soon enoughdavidm724 will become famous soon enoughdavidm724 will become famous soon enoughdavidm724 will become famous soon enoughdavidm724 will become famous soon enoughdavidm724 will become famous soon enoughdavidm724 will become famous soon enoughdavidm724 will become famous soon enoughdavidm724 will become famous soon enoughdavidm724 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilik View Post
I cant believe Tommy didnt tap that was locked in at some point, thats two fights in a row where he has been locked in a sub and hasnt tapped, he is tough.

If that ref was Big John he would of stopped the fight because I remeber a fight it was din thomas vs jeremy stephens where Din had a armybar locked in and big john ended the fight before jeremy tapped.
My thought is that Din Thomas probably had a much more effective armbar, and Big John probably heard it pop before Jeremy would tap. Even though Ben had a beautiful armbar, he didn't raise his pelvis, which would have hyperextended Tommy's arm a lot further. I would have liked Ben to win, but man, he had nothing after the first round. I'm always skeptical when a fighter is suddenly sick the day of the fight, but he sounded pretty bad and gassed horribly by the end of the first. I can't imagine trying to fight without breathing through the nose. Anyway, Tommy only impressed me with his determination and refusal to tap. Other than that, I didn't think Tommy did much to win that fight other than take Ben down, which was pretty lame since he didn't do anything after that. I do believe Tommy has potential, but I think Ben has more. Plus I like Ben's attitude, especially after the fight, pretending to cry, "I almost won it!" We'll see him again.
davidm724 is offline   Reply With Quote