MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Is Tommy afraid to finish?

View Single Post

Old 11-30-2007, 08:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
Biowza
Light Heavyweight

Biowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by mma17 View Post
Tommy has good wrestling. Do I think he will ever be a force in the welterweight division? No. Top Ten? Definitely not. He doesn't have the raw striking talent. He has the wrestling talent but he is the kind of guy who just will never develope an explosive effective striking game which is crucial for any fighter. I think he could learn the submittion game because it is a natural progression from wrestling but he needs way better striking which I don't think he can ever get just due to the way he is built. He's not very naturally explosive with his strikes and that's the kind of thing you can't learn.
I think it's a bit unfair to judge him this harshly after only seeing two of his fights (unless you have seen more). The guy is only 23, he has a ton of time to learn all sorts of different aspects of MMA. The way I see it, he has excellent wrestling and insane power, this is a great base for him to become something big in MMA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
Nog's only chance is one of his miracle submissions, after taking a beating the entire fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
But its not gay if you watch it with a hot chik.
Biowza is offline   Reply With Quote