MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - A few notes on Tommy/Ben Episode

View Single Post

Old 11-30-2007, 05:43 PM   #18 (permalink)
iscariot_0ne
MMA Fanatic

iscariot_0ne has a little shameless behaviour in the pastiscariot_0ne has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseOf_A_Weapon View Post
i think if mac gets hurt im gonna laugh til my lungs implode. the guys a total douche. and of course he's better than everyone else, hes got more experience than his whole team put together.

mac definitely is not a great fighter. anyone can look good when you put them in with people who arent as experienced or as proficient as themselves. the other fighters arent bad either, they are just inexperienced. fighters from the first 3 seasons had the advantage of competing in smaller promotions long before being on the show. that is to say they had PROFESSIONAL records. Diego Sanchez, Nate Quarry, Luke Cummo, Kenny Florian had all competed in promotions like RotR, KOTC, etc. the biggest issue with this season is the casting.
I wouldn't label him a great fighter yet either, but if you've watched any video of danzig you'll see he is a really good fighter and is really good at controlling a fight to the way he likes it. And who cares about records, it's about talent and do they have enough of it to get a chance at becoming a professional. Don't forget that this is for the most part an amature contest that grants some of these guys the chance to get to the next level. I mean this isn't PPV, These guys are there to learn and grow from some of the best, not be the best before they step foot onto the show. I think we'll see just how good some of these guys are going to be come next saturday, they've teamed up with some good camps and are getting real training now so i'm sure we're going to see some surprises.
iscariot_0ne is offline   Reply With Quote