MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Kin's Training Log

View Single Post

Old 12-07-2007, 11:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kin
MMA fighter

Kin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By All
Kin's Training Log

I've been meaning to do this for a while. However my training log notebook thingy ended up being my homework agenda. I eventually realized that I'd never get down to this, if I could only do it by hand. In the end, it comes down to the fact that I write too slow and type pretty fast. I'm also on the computer a LOT. So, if there's a place where I could get this done, it would be the internet.

Anyway... I'm 17 years old, 5'5, and 161 lbs. My goal is to fight in major league MMA some day. Right now, I'm just trying to get my act together, get some sort of functional ground game, and improve my striking. I'm trying to increase my fitness, but not trying that hard. I'm lazy and I don't want to do weight training. Until I've gotten my fundamentals down and my technique on a level where I'm approaching competition-readiness, I'm probably not going to get into that stuff. In the mean time, I just do basic calisthenics and self-weighted excercise.

i'm also trying to lose weight -- mostly because my coach wants me to. I'm too short to fight at 170 anyway. I weigh myself every few days, so I'll include that in my log.

Anyway, blabber aside, here's what I did on this lazy friday.

Kickboxing Class

- 9 minutes of jumprope for warmup.

- 10 minutes of stretching.

- 10 minutes of combination drills, using the partner's body and his/her gloves as a target.

- 20 minutes of bagwork and padwork. Bag work was medium intensity, padwork was all-out anaerobic crap that I hate. We alternated between every couple of rounds.

MMA/Submission Grappling

- 30 minutes of all-out full-power bagwork.

- 15 minutes of ground and pound dummies.

Each class was an hour long, if you factor in the break times between rounds. It was such a weird day. We didn't work much technique and instead worked a CRAP LOAD of anaerobic conditioning. Being a lazy guy, I like working technique more than conditioning.

My wrists are REALLY sore for some reason. Its hard to type, but my computer addiction has overcome my body's weakness.

hopefully, future logs will be more succinct -- since I won't have to do the explanations and crap. I've also noticed that my weekends are usually pretty lax compared to my weekdays...

Saturday 12/8/07

Kickboxing

- 30 minutes of bagwork

- 60 minutes of sparring

This is including 1 minute rests between 3 minute rounds.

Sunday 12/9/07

Judo

-15 minutes of stretching

- 10 minutes of breakfalls and roll outs

- 15 minutes of Hane Goshi fake to Tai Otoshi drill

- 10 minutes of fit-ins for various throws

- 40 minutes of 'throw for throw'

- 20 minutes of live ne waza

- 40 minutes of standing randori

I'm probably taking monday off to let my muscles heal.

Support my FB athlete page!

Watch my 5th pro fight here

Watch my "Bare Knuckle" Boxing match here

Last edited by Kin : 12-10-2007 at 12:50 PM. Reason: update
Kin is offline   Reply With Quote