Today I didn't go to any classes. I just went to the gym and did some bag work and running.
- 26 minutes of bagwork, not including rests. 4 minutes of lead-hand combinations (2 rounds), 12 minutes of hand combinations(4 rounds), 6 minutes of hand, feet, and knee combinations( 2 rounds), and 4 minutes of hand & feet combinations w/shooting (2 rounds).
- 22 minutes on treadmill. jog speed 5 mph, two 120 second 8 mph sprints, one 90 second 10 mph sprint.
- stretched and did some light calisthenics. 20 push ups and 30 sit ups.
I went to the gym really late today... only a few hours before my MMA/Sub Grappling class. Unfortunately, it didn't give me much time to rest.
- 5 minutes of knuckle, forearm, and shin conditioning
- 16 minutes of heavy bag (all hands)
- 6 minutes of shadowboxing (all hands)
- 22 minutes of elliptical excercise running machine thingy. That was much harder than running.
(Everything is done in 3 minute rounds with 1 minute of rest. Class is 90 minutes, including breaks between rounds.)
- 12 minutes of jumprope
- 6 minutes of spiderwalks and reverse spiderwalks
- 24 minutes of sprawling to striking drills
- 30 minutes of drills, including takedowns against striking to side control; takedowns against striking to closed guard and pass to side control; sprawl against double leg takedown, take the back, roll over and RNC; sprawl against doubleleg, take the back to armbar.
Everything was snowed in today, so I couldn't make it to any official classes. However I missed my train and ran home in the snow. It took me ten minutes, running at what felt like 7 mph... but it could have been less. Things feel harder when you're shin-deep in snow. Thankfully a pretty fair part of the way was plowed or shallow.
I completely forgot about the log, so my memory of what I did exactly will be a bit off.
1 hour class
10 minutes of footwork drills
22 minutes of heavy bag
10 minutes shadowboxing ( to kill time and wait for my training partner to show up)
60 minutes of light grappling
23 minute run. jog speed 6 mph; 2 sprints at 9 mph (2 min), 1 at 10 mph (1 min).