MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Kin's Training Log

View Single Post

Old 12-11-2007, 11:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Kin
MMA fighter

Kin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By All
12/ 10 - 17/ 07

Tuesday 12/11/07

Today I didn't go to any classes. I just went to the gym and did some bag work and running.

- 26 minutes of bagwork, not including rests. 4 minutes of lead-hand combinations (2 rounds), 12 minutes of hand combinations(4 rounds), 6 minutes of hand, feet, and knee combinations( 2 rounds), and 4 minutes of hand & feet combinations w/shooting (2 rounds).

- 22 minutes on treadmill. jog speed 5 mph, two 120 second 8 mph sprints, one 90 second 10 mph sprint.

- stretched and did some light calisthenics. 20 push ups and 30 sit ups.

Wednesday 12/12/07

I went to the gym really late today... only a few hours before my MMA/Sub Grappling class. Unfortunately, it didn't give me much time to rest.

Gym

- 5 minutes of knuckle, forearm, and shin conditioning

- 16 minutes of heavy bag (all hands)

- 6 minutes of shadowboxing (all hands)

- 22 minutes of elliptical excercise running machine thingy. That was much harder than running.

MMA/Submission Grappling

(Everything is done in 3 minute rounds with 1 minute of rest. Class is 90 minutes, including breaks between rounds.)

- 12 minutes of jumprope

- 6 minutes of spiderwalks and reverse spiderwalks

- 24 minutes of sprawling to striking drills

- 30 minutes of drills, including takedowns against striking to side control; takedowns against striking to closed guard and pass to side control; sprawl against double leg takedown, take the back, roll over and RNC; sprawl against doubleleg, take the back to armbar.

Thursday 12/13/07

Everything was snowed in today, so I couldn't make it to any official classes. However I missed my train and ran home in the snow. It took me ten minutes, running at what felt like 7 mph... but it could have been less. Things feel harder when you're shin-deep in snow. Thankfully a pretty fair part of the way was plowed or shallow.

I completely forgot about the log, so my memory of what I did exactly will be a bit off.

Friday 12/14/07

MMA/Submission Grappling

1 hour class

Sunday 12/16/07

The Gym

10 minutes of footwork drills

22 minutes of heavy bag

10 minutes shadowboxing ( to kill time and wait for my training partner to show up)

60 minutes of light grappling

23 minute run. jog speed 6 mph; 2 sprints at 9 mph (2 min), 1 at 10 mph (1 min).

Support my FB athlete page!

Watch my 5th pro fight here

Watch my "Bare Knuckle" Boxing match here

Last edited by Kin : 12-18-2007 at 12:39 PM. Reason: update
Kin is offline   Reply With Quote