MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - IronMan's Log

Thread: IronMan's Log
View Single Post

Old 01-08-2008, 08:46 PM   #102 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufio.e0 View Post
congrats on the 100th!
Thanks man. I know you're one of the more regular readers, and I appreciate it, along with the input you give on this section of the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoka View Post
Thanks IronMan that helped, I have been getting people in armbars heaps lately but still i miss some things in it and i think those points may help. I have been using my hips but i don't think i have in the transition.
Yeah, where you might be messing up too is where your hips are when you're trying to finish. I'm not saying you are, but it's really important to watch out for.

I've seen alot of guys who make that transition perfectly and fail to keep their hips tight and their heels pressed into their opponents (which also helps keep the hips tight) and that can really keep the armbar from being effective.

Make sure that, as you see in the pics, you keep your hips tight to your opponent. I try and keep myself as high as my opponents' shoulder, just to be sure, but in faster transitions I just try and keep it high.

If anybody's got any questions about stuff in my training, I'm always open to questions and comments.

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote