MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - IronMan's Log

Thread: IronMan's Log
View Single Post

Old 01-09-2008, 10:18 AM   #107 (permalink)
rufio.e0
Bantamweight

rufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enough
Good Lord you're up early.

Something I've been having trouble with and maybe you could suggest something:

I almost always work from rubber guard when I'm on the bottom, so I have the opponent broken down... but when I go for the omo plata I have very little control of his posture. At first I thought they just knew what I was going for... and have been using it solely as a transition. Is there some key element to rolling for omo plata and keeping the guy's head controlled? (damn it's hard to describe jiu-jitsu without seeing it) If I do get it, instead of doing the traditional "arm over the back" to situp, I immediately overhook the close leg and pull up that way. When I do that I feel like I'm just overpowering the guy and not using good technique.

Also, I got a belt test today and was going over our requirements... ever heard of a "big boy reversal"?

Thanks to NikosCC for the sick sig!
rufio.e0 is offline   Reply With Quote