MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - IronMan's Log

Thread: IronMan's Log
View Single Post

Old 01-09-2008, 02:35 PM   #109 (permalink)
rufio.e0
Bantamweight

rufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan View Post
I get up and run a mile before I catch my 7 o'clock bus to school.

One of my coaches: You can sleep when you're dead.
Mezger said that too... when I went to the Lions Den.

Quote:
I don't know what else to say about that. Did I cover your problem?

Yup. I think my problem is (just based on the mental walkthrough) that I have a pause between when I roll and grab the leg .. and start to climb up his back. It's just not smooth enough, I'll keep practicing it.

Quote:
As far as the finish, grabbing the belt (or the side, in the case of no-gi) isn't the only way to finish. If you go to your back and hook your opponent's leg right under the knee. This hook should be with your inside arm over your head, so that you're touching your shoulder. Make sure that your legs are tight, and do a barrel roll over your side. That's actually a sweep that will put you in sidemount with a different kind of control of the arm. I like to adjust to a reverse triangle from this position and finish with a kimura, but that's just my style.
Never tried that... but I get how it works. I'll have to try it.

Quote:
It sounds like a term that your gym uses, though I'd imagine it's probably just an over-under reversal (or at least that's what it sounds like to me).

If you need help with it, take a shot at describing it and I'll see what I can do.
Yeah I think it is. I can't describe it, because I can't remember what it is... haha. I remember asking before "What the hell is a big boy reversal?" (because it was on our list of requirements)... I remember he showed us and I recognized it. I just don't remember which move it was. Oh well...

Thanks to NikosCC for the sick sig!
rufio.e0 is offline   Reply With Quote