MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - SurfNinja's Training Log

View Single Post

Old 01-12-2008, 10:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
SurfNinja
totally gnarly
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com

SurfNinja Is Destined For GreatnessSurfNinja Is Destined For GreatnessSurfNinja Is Destined For GreatnessSurfNinja Is Destined For GreatnessSurfNinja Is Destined For GreatnessSurfNinja Is Destined For GreatnessSurfNinja Is Destined For GreatnessSurfNinja Is Destined For GreatnessSurfNinja Is Destined For GreatnessSurfNinja Is Destined For GreatnessSurfNinja Is Destined For Greatness
Sparred with 2 of my friends today and went over some basic submissions with them.
Friend#1 = 170~175lbs. Friend#2 = 120lbs. Me = 128lbs.

Again, I don't exactly remember every detail, but I'm trying my best.

Vs. Friend#1
- He takes me down, struggles around in my guard.
- Puts me in a kimura (while in my guard) that causes me discomfort but cannot finish me.
- I manage to free one of his arms and lock a triangle.
- He struggles for a minute so I look for the armbar.
- He won't let me take the arm so I thrust my hips up and finally seal the triangle, he taps.

Vs. Friend#2
- He takes me down with a big double leg, lands in mount.
- I escape to half guard, attempt to get 'the lockdown'.
- He catches me in a Jens Pulver style guillotine-headlock from on top.
- I struggle, roll to my side which seals the choke tighter.
- My ears begin to ring and my head feels light, I tap. I was nearly asleep lol.

Vs. Friend#1 Part 2
- We have a stalemate-like takedown, both landing on our sides.
- He scrambles onto my back, both hooks in.
- I get arm control, he gives up on the RNC and I flip over into his mount.
- I get to half guard and sweep him.
- I get to side control, attempt an Americana.
- He powers out of it, defends my next attempts well so I transition to the mount.
- He makes multiple attempts to buck me but I maintain the mount, I begin working for armlocks.
- He defends all of my submission attempts, I'm working for the arm triangle, and the round timer rings.

Vs. Friend#1 Part 3
- I get underhooks and the takedown.
- He throws me in a guillotine.
- I attempt to pass his guard, he stands up.
- I sling my hand over his neck and grab his arms with my other hand, attempting to create breathing space.
- I fall back into his guard, still manage to hold on.
- He stands up again, and this time it's deep. I tap.

F***in guillotines man, I must have bad defense against them, which is bad because its like the most common submission. There were more rounds than this, but I don't remember, and there was probably a lot more to the rounds than I explained above, but hey its fast-paced action I can't remember all the details. I think I escaped from an armbar sometime in one of those rounds, which I was proud of, but I forget which.

Last edited by SurfNinja : 01-12-2008 at 10:34 PM.
SurfNinja is offline   Reply With Quote