Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Who should challenge the winner of Silva/ Hendo ??

2K views 38 replies 29 participants last post by  The Legend 
#1 ·
Doesnt look like theres much left in that division that would be anything more than a SPARRING MATCH against either of these two fighters.

Starting to look like the Heavyweight looked for so long!
Am I going crazy or is there NO ONE other than Hendo and Silva in this division?????

Reactions: kamikaze145
#2 ·
josh haynes is the only one who would stand a chance.

#4 ·
Maybe if Hendo won then Franklin could take a shot at Hendo>>>?

NO WAY hes beating Silva lol

#5 ·
its not far fetched to say franklin would beat hendo or marquart.

I personally think he would maul marquart ......rich vs. hendo is tough to call.

#18 ·
First of all of got say something that bothers me. Spell fighters names right. If you don't know how look it up. Its Marquardt.

I just want to see Kampmann period. I don't care who he fights, I just want him back fighting.

#10 ·
I think Hendo and Silva would **** Bisping. Okami might be a good fight for Silva, Franklin might be good against Hendo, but really I think they are each others best competition. To me it would feel as if everyone was a tune up fight till when they fought again.

#13 ·
Interesting Bisping was mentioned...

personally I THINK that if Mike was backed into a corner sort of speak, KNOWING DAMN WELL what happened to RIch Franklin, or how Hendo knocked Wandy OUT

He'd HAVE to give it his all, fight for his LIFE pretty much and I think in that situation you might see the AGGRESSIVE Bisping, the one we know is in there. He really showcases his skills at times if he would conly just push forward like Griffin or Leben I think he'd be a force to be reckoned with.

Maybe he needs to get KO'd the way Mirko did or something, after a knockout like that he could just keep coming and coming with no regard!

#15 ·
There are a few contenders out there: Okami, Franklin(if Hendo wins), Marquardt(if Hendo wins), Thales Leites, Filho(if they bring him up), Lindland(if they sign him), then there are im sure a few up and comers who will be at least ready for a shot in a year or two. Some other names the UFC should look at: Kang, Akiyami, Lawler, Shamrock, Misaki. Any of those guys could at least add some spice

#16 ·
SPICE yes but thats about it...

Any of those guys beating Anderson Silva or Dan Henderson would be a huuuuuge upset.

Look at ANY other division we dont have this issue right now. AT LEAST HEAVYWEIGHT ISNT THE ISSUE ANYMORE that was a loooooong drought... and depending on the next few UFC's we might just be deluded into thinking its deep now!

Point is... They need more Middleweights, cause NO ONE currently in the ufc stands anything other than a punchers chance at beating either of these two nutcases lol

#17 ·
Kamp will probably get the next shot, no matter who wins, but if Hendo wins a close decision my guess is there could be an instant rematch. If Hendo beat Silva and then Kamp, I wouldn't be surprised to see Franklin get another shot, just like Hughes he is buds w/ Dana

#20 ·
Okami should get the winner of Hendo/Silva, and while that's settling out over the next 6 months, I'm sure Franklin, Leites, KAMPMANN, McFedries or someone along those lines will have stepped up the that level.

I want Kampmann v Bisping right now, reaaaaaaal bad. I actually really dig Bisping, but I think Kampmann would make him look reeeeal silly. I need Kampmann v Rich to. I need to see the 'upset'!

Reactions: MLS
#21 ·
I agree completely with you, except on that whole digging Bisping thing. Thats just crazy talk. ;)

#23 ·
This is where the ufc should step in and move ppl (loss in the LHW shuffle or) fighting above their respective weight classes in to MW. Like rashad evans or the deaf dude for instance, they aren't the worst fighters but the aren't exactly spicin up an already over crowded division. Machida (even though he is just fine where is at) seems like a natural middle weight.

#25 ·
the only fighter i see getting an immediate title shot is okammi, everyone else is just too far down the ladder right now. franklin is coming off a ko to silva, marquadt is coming off a loss to silva, then bisping, mcfedries, cote, grove and kampmann are either coming off loses, havn't done enough or just aren't popular enough to get a title shot soon.

if silva does lose though i think ufc will give him an immidiate rematch, if henderson loses then silva gets to redeem his loss to okami.

#30 ·
Yushin Okami or Thales Leites.

Since Okami lost recently (Albeit, it was against Franklin and it was a fight where he (Okami) looked good in the third), I have to go with Leites, who is on a 3 fight winning streak.

Kampmann will need to have a warm up fight in order to get the rust out, and Evan Tanner has been way, way, WAY too inactive to even be considered.

It'll probably be the winner of Tanner vs Okami.

#31 ·
and I'd be a happy man if Tanner was the number 1 contender for the belt, small chance though considering he probably has alot of octagon rust and Okami is no slouch, heres to hoping though.

#37 ·
if hendo wins, franklin or marquardt could fight him and have a chance. a small chance, but a chance nonetheless.

If silva wins... umm... GSP? Can Sanchez go up in weight (and not be a butterball with hands and feet?)?

it's possible that rampage could drop weight and fight silva...but i don't know if rampage could go that low and still fight like he does.

Chuck could def compete at 185... just lose that gut. I'd pay to watch chuck v silva. two very accurate strikers and a chance for chuck to hold a belt again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.