Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Injury Update: Rich Franklin from his site...

2K views 27 replies 20 participants last post by  Street Fighter 
#1 · (Edited)
For all of you who are concerned about Rich's injuries, here is what we know so far. His nose was reset in the locker room right after the fight. A few days later, after meeting with the Doctor, it was decided that he would need surgery on his nose. He had his blood work done on 10/18, his surgery is scheduled for 10/19 and then he will have a post-op visit on 10/23 to make sure everything is okay. Rich and his team appreciate all the support from his fans, and we will continue to update you as we get new information.

ouch....reconstructive no doubt...

#2 ·
brvheart said:
For all of you who are concerned about Rich's injuries, here is what we know so far. His nose was reset in the locker room right after the fight. A few days later, after meeting with the Doctor, it was decided that he would need surgery on his nose. He had his blood work done on 10/18, his surgery is scheduled for 10/19 and then he will have a post-op visit on 10/23 to make sure everything is okay. Rich and his team appreciate all the support from his fans, and we will continue to update you as we get new information.

ouch....reconstructive no doubt...
Thanks I've been dying to know what's going on with him. Wish they had mentioned his other injuries.

#3 ·
uugghhh, I cringe thinking how that must have felt when they reset Ace's nose! I had my pinky toe broken once and having it reset hurt like a son of a Bi@&t.

#9 ·
Bonnar426 said:
uugghhh, I cringe thinking how that must have felt when they reset Ace's nose! I had my pinky toe broken once and having it reset hurt like a son of a Bi@&t.
Yeah It would prob hurt bad. I had done to my thumb before and it hurt BAD way worse then when i broke it. If that really is all his injuries its good to know he doest have any broken ribs

#12 ·
I'm not sure how the injury rules work in the UFC but I've broken my nose many times and had surgery on it 3 times. A month, month and a half and he'll be almost good as new. They'll fix it, he'll have plastic splints in there for a month, they'll cut the stitch and pull out the splints. They'll check the nasal passage a few weeks after the splints come out to see if all is good.

The nose is really easy to break again after the surgery. A light sneeze will break it while the splints are in. That may keep him out a little longer.

#16 ·
i don't mean to make light of his injury, but does he really want a rematch with silva? i mean, i hope he's got good insurrence cause i sorta see another broken nose in the future. that is, unless Rich can figure out Silva's clinch.

anyway, hope he feels better, and hope he takes this loss as what it was, a loss.

#18 ·
Rich is a smart cookie...I bet his gameplan would be a little different this time. He said himself that he tought the clinch would be his sweet spot, and did not think that silva was going to be that strong in the clinch. So I bet Rich comes with a better gameplan, now that he knows how the puzzle pieces go together, he have a better shot a solving it. He is a very mentaly strong person, so I bet he bounces back.

#19 ·
Griffen=UFC Champ said:
Since he is having surgery on his nose, does that mean he will be on medical suspension until April 9th 2007 like i have heard here. I heard he had to pass some nasal test and if he didn't pass, he would be suspended.
As posted here:
http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc-discussion/3861-suspensions-doctor-requirements-ufc-64-contestants.html
He must clear his nose with a ENT (Ear Nost Throat) Doctor OR no fight until April 9th, 2007.

Official notice:
http://boxing.nv.gov/2006Results/10-14-06 MMA.pdf

#25 ·
Ace will be fine. The nose will heal quickly anyway since it's only cartilidge, and not an actual bone. Hope he comes back sooner than later, and BETTER than ever. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.