MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - FEG President Tanigawa Talks About New MMA Event

View Single Post

Old 01-28-2008, 05:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
plazzman
-I came|I saw|I failed-

plazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchable
I dont know, it could mean either one. But I believe he meant that HERO's was more oriented for entertainment for TV, and PRIDE was more about giving real fights for real MMA fans (i.e Hardcores).

So what does that mean? Does he mean that HERO's was more in it for the entertainment aspect, and just ratings and that PRIDE was more about getting serious fights together?

Quote:
PRIDE lapsed and now HERO'S is going to take over the role PRIDE did for Japanese MMA.
However, based on this, I believe hes trying to say that HERO's will now take over for what PRIDE represented, so, were gonna get more fights that do more for MMA, hence JZ vs Aoki....
plazzman is offline   Reply With Quote