MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Ken Shamrock's entrance song last night

View Single Post

Old 10-20-2006, 04:52 AM   #15 (permalink)
Pugilistiko
MMA Fanatic

Pugilistiko has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREY B.
Eh, Ken Shamrock entered to "Slayed" by Overseer last night. Hope that helps.
Thanks a lot - that song KICKED ASS! One of the best walk-out songs ever! Only the Pride shows have as-good or better walkouts.

I got so pumped up listening to that walk-out song, I can't imagine how much better it would have been actually being there in the arena with it cranked up and the whole crowd amped! Ken looked so great and relaxed during his walk-out, almost dancing a bit - reminded me of Phil Baroni, The New York Badass, with his always-entertaining entrances at Pride championships.

I remember Ken's unique swagger all the way back from UFC 1, but this time, he had this aura about him saying "I don't need to prove anything, I know I'm a Hall-of-Famer, I know I'm a badass, I know I'm a pioneer of the sport and a complete fighter. Win or lose, I'm going out like a warrior."

At that fight, Ken really showed the true warrior spirit, the gladiator spirit - that he has shown throughout his career but it was especially in evidence in his composure.

Props to Ken for going down like a man - he "died a warrior's death" as they would have said back in the day when life or death was on the line.

We'll miss you Ken!!!
Pugilistiko is offline   Reply With Quote