MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - IronMan's Log

Thread: IronMan's Log
View Single Post

Old 02-04-2008, 09:56 AM   #126 (permalink)
rufio.e0
Bantamweight

rufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enough
This entry made me think of the Ultimate Fighter episode when Rich Franklin was telling Matt Serra to go into the fight on his knees. I never really understood what he was going for, but after reading this post I can't help but wonder if that's what he meant.

I like the creativity of this setup: presenting the backdoor sweep, available for a shot, can't be kicked in the head (in MMA at least), it's a good perspective. The only thing I wonder about is: if the opponent is significantly taller, aren't you giving him a stronger base by allowing him to push with his legs whereas you can't ... while on your knees? It almost sounds like a move that you have to be prepared to immediately react to your opponent instead of offensively take action (i.e. - if he steps back shoot asap so you don't eat a punch, if he leans in sweep asap so he doesn't gain too much control for a takedown/pass).
rufio.e0 is offline   Reply With Quote