MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - IronMan's Log

Thread: IronMan's Log
View Single Post

Old 02-14-2008, 03:22 PM   #129 (permalink)
rufio.e0
Bantamweight

rufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enoughrufio.e0 will become famous soon enough
What do you recommend for practicing avoiding damage from the bottom?

The reason I ask is the other night we were sparring full contact with gloves like this:
125.jpg
Stand-up was fine, but when we went to the ground, the guy I was sparring with was much better at striking from in my guard than I'd experienced before (primarily because we usually train either grappling or striking in a mutually exclusive manner). I was working for submissions and what not, but his relentless GnP kept him out of danger (aside from one armbar that I had really tight, but he hit me hard enough to get me to loosen it for just a second... and he pulled his arm out). This is a training partner that I generally consider myself comparable to when just grappling or just striking (although he does have a few years of experience on me... he had a bit of a hiatus).

Anyway, I was just wondering if you knew of some good drills to practice avoiding danger from bottom position (other than just working it with someone).
rufio.e0 is offline   Reply With Quote