Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Why is Rampage not fighting....

2K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Clivey 
#1 ·
For me the most exciting UFC division by a mile is the Light Heavyweight.
So why in a division stacked with great fighters..
Silva, Liddell, Shogun, Henderson(if he wants), Ortiz, Griffen
Plus lots of good fighters too numerous to list why o why is the Champion not fighting more often.
Seems to me Liddell fought all the time when he was champ and I'm sure a victorious Rampage would be just as good a draw.
So why so few fights?

#2 ·
I think he had a broken hand for a while. And he is going to be a coach on the next TUF series. And he can't be fighting, putting his title at risk when Forrest is fighting him for it next.

#3 · (Edited)
Him and Griffin are busy with the Ultimate Fighter. Ill admit they timed it really bad because Rampage's last fight was at 75 and Griffin's was 76. They should've made it so they would have fought at like 79/80. It's going to be almost 10 UFC's later(UFC 86/87)before they fight again.

#5 ·
They did the same thing when Serra got the belt from GSP, sent him of to to the reality show. I think this is bad business in my opinion. Ufc has to remain a sport, and hence have some kind of standard for their champions to compete ( injuries aside ). If they don't, then it just ends up another popularity contest and we never really know who the best is. These guys, health allowing, need to defend their titles.

Serra never even defended his belt after he got it from GSP, and ultimately lost it do to injury on tuf show. They need to figure something else out.

#9 ·
the fighters are atheletes fighting for a guy who wants to be in sports entertainment! hahahaha. seriously though would be nice if was ran more like a sport and less with all the crap on the side but Dana's a millionaire and CEO of a huge company, and i am not so guess his opinion is worth more then mine

#14 ·
holy crap so what you got neg reps we all do, no need to post in the thread over and over repeatedly telling everyone about it do you need attention maybe a hug? it's going to be allll okay. regardless looking forward to the new tuf season and cant wait for rampages upcoming fight against the Irish bastard forest now... back to other topics

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.