MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Off topic: 13 year old son wants to wrestle?

View Single Post

Old 03-02-2008, 09:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
2zwudz
Flyweight

2zwudz is a jewel in the rough2zwudz is a jewel in the rough2zwudz is a jewel in the rough2zwudz is a jewel in the rough2zwudz is a jewel in the rough2zwudz is a jewel in the rough2zwudz is a jewel in the rough2zwudz is a jewel in the rough2zwudz is a jewel in the rough2zwudz is a jewel in the rough2zwudz is a jewel in the rough
Off topic: 13 year old son wants to wrestle?

Please forgive me for the off topic but I would like some opinions from guys like you. I am a father whoes days are long past. HAHA. When I was young the guys that wanted to wrestle for the school didn't start until their freshman year in high school. Nowadays the kids are starting at 5 and 6 years old. Anyway my 13 year old son wants to wrestle next season instead of playing basketball. I was wondering if this is too late in the game to get started. I am comparing the learning curve to a boy not playing baseball until he is 13 when the rest of the boys have been playing travel baseball for 4 years. Don't get me wrong I am excited and I support him but what is the learning curve in wrestling? What is your opinion?

Thanks
Mark
2zwudz is offline   Reply With Quote