MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Off topic: 13 year old son wants to wrestle?

View Single Post

Old 03-02-2008, 11:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
2zwudz
Flyweight

2zwudz is a jewel in the rough2zwudz is a jewel in the rough2zwudz is a jewel in the rough2zwudz is a jewel in the rough2zwudz is a jewel in the rough2zwudz is a jewel in the rough2zwudz is a jewel in the rough2zwudz is a jewel in the rough2zwudz is a jewel in the rough2zwudz is a jewel in the rough2zwudz is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbish23 View Post
definetly start him in wrestling as soon as possible. i started in 8th grade and did just fine, placing in my divisional and state tournaments junior and senior year. a lot of kids on my team started when they wee freshman and did well but if he wants to wrestle and likes it make sure he realizes that it is a year long sport and not just during the winter time. the key to success is that after the season ends he needs to weight lift and go to a wrestling camp/school during the summer and fall. what state are you in because i might be able to recommend some good camps for him?
We live in central Illinois and yes I am looking to get him into some wrestling camps this summer. I really appreciate the help and encouragement. Like I said the learning curve was my concern. I felt in my heart that it would be a good thing for him but I wanted to get some opinions.

Thanks Mark
2zwudz is offline   Reply With Quote