MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - why shamrock will knock titos hair black, then beat him into livin death
View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 11:21 PM
Outta My Head
Do I need to remind anyone of what happened during the last fight? Let's face the facts:
  • Their last fight was 3 years ago.
  • Age doesn't lend itself well to a fighter: Shamrock is now 42.
  • Out of Shamrock's last 3 fights, he's lost 2 due to TKO.
  • Witnessing Ken's "idea" of training over the last few weeks via TUF, it is a joke in comparison to Tito's.
  • Tito's last 2 losses have been to Chuck Liddell and Randy Couture, the 2 men who define the upper echelon of the LHW division in the UFC.
  • Ever since Tito's loss to Frank Shamrock he's made it a point to be a well-conditioned cardio monster, something that Ken has never been known for.
  • In their last fight at UFC 40, Ken was beat up so bad that he didn't even make it to the 3rd round.

In addressing a more intangible fact that Ken is coming into this with a lot of bottled up rage, I offer you this: An angry fighter will come in with lots of intensity, but with a lot less self-control. Due to that, they tend to burn more energy needlessly and gas. If this fight goes longer than the 1st round, Ken will be at a handicap.

I close with this very tangible fact shown below (a picture is worth a thousand words as they say):

That's what Ken looked like after his first fight with Tito. Chances are that Ken will not win this fight. Believe me, I would like to see Tito get his just like anyone else. I just don't see it going that way.

It doesn't matter if you agree or disagree... As long as I don't bore you and I spark a moment of thought, my goal is achieved.

Queng leon queng tigre ecu tacacut, queca pa? - Pampangan Mandarigma Motto

My Blog <--READ IT!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome