MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Monsons Height

Thread: Monsons Height
View Single Post

Old 10-23-2006, 02:53 AM   #24 (permalink)
shenku68
MMA Fanatic

shenku68 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaldun007
If monson can take it to the ground and keep it there the champ will be submitted.
If monson can't then sylvia will knock him out. I think we all know that and they both know that.

Expertly said and I totally agree. Tim is not a world class striker but a good one. With his his size and reach advantage he will give just about anyone a tough fight. Monson is strong and has great submissions (ADCC Champ x 2), but he has to overcome Sylva's reach. If Tim is smart he will keep the fight at a distance never allowing Monson to close the gap. I think Monson will have to use Tim's confidence against him. Tim is probably going to come in the fight thinking it will be an easy one due to his last 2 wins over Arlovski and the size difference. Monson needs to keep it in the middle, wait for Tim to go for a high kick, close the gap and take him down. The reason I would not suggest that Monson try to take him down near the cage is two 2 reasons: Tim likes to grab the cage (Tim vs Assueria Silva) and the cage might hold tim up, allowing knees or elbows to come into play.
shenku68 is offline   Reply With Quote