MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Gutbuster's Log

Thread: Gutbuster's Log
View Single Post

Old 03-05-2008, 03:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Pop'n'Shroomz
hallucinating member

Pop'n'Shroomz has a little shameless behaviour in the past
5th March 2008

So today was my first "real" weight training day. I was basically shown the equipment by the trainer and was given a beginners routine which I should stick to for about 1 to 2 months to prepare my larger muscle groups for the harder training. As I basically still have no clue, I'm pretty much gonna stick to his advice as much as I can, will not, however, treat the routine like some bible. Any extra ideas for me would be great.

What I should pretty much do is use the cable machines to start. I pick a weight and work my way up to 20 repetitions in one set, then I move up. I also incorporate barbells and dumbbells, all keeping the weight reasonably low and the reps high. After this it should be "safe" to really start my strength training.

Oh I should also point out, I'm learning most of the names of the excercises in German, I may not know what they're called in English.

Here we go:

1x20 20kg Upper back exercise (pulling down)
1x20 15kg Hamstring curls
1x20 10kg Knee exercise? Like kicking a ball forword.
1x20 15kg Benchpress
1x20 20kg Barbell bicep curls
1x20 20kg triceps (pulling)

Haha, looks pretty weird. I really look like I don't know what I'm doing, so again, and for the last time, any help will be appreciated. I'll update my routine when I've got the time and made interesting progress.
Pop'n'Shroomz is offline   Reply With Quote