MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Strength & Power Training

View Single Post

Old 03-06-2008, 05:41 PM   #54 (permalink)
Bloodlusting
Amatuer

Bloodlusting is on another level nowBloodlusting is on another level nowBloodlusting is on another level nowBloodlusting is on another level nowBloodlusting is on another level nowBloodlusting is on another level nowBloodlusting is on another level nowBloodlusting is on another level nowBloodlusting is on another level nowBloodlusting is on another level nowBloodlusting is on another level now
Hey im just readin some stuff that jsut looks f*kin crazy... i went to that bill starr's 5x5 routine that wukka linked. it looks good im gonna start.
but i was readin http://www.eclipsegym.com/articles/men.html and he says NOT to stretch before you do weights because it causes the muscles to weaken slightly and make them prone to injury. i mean, this guy sounds like he really knows what he's doing but this is the opposite of what i've been told since i can remember.. any thoughts?

OH ya! and another thing, he says to hold your breath during the rep, and then take a breath when u stop for the next rep... comming from a martial arts background, we were taught to exhale with the force. his explanation is that the internal pressure supports your structure, especially the spine.... again, anybody care to comment on this stuff
Bloodlusting is offline   Reply With Quote