MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What's it like to be "punch" drunk??

View Single Post

Old 10-23-2006, 04:24 PM   #41 (permalink)
Chrisl972
Back In Black

Chrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is Untouchable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halebop
So Fighters, if you don't mind,

I have a question along the same line, how does anyone keep their bearings after even one knee to the head? I caught an accidental knee to the head in a Rugby match and it was devastating. Dunno how you guys recover so quickly but that's one of a million reasons I like watching.
It's a lot more natural to fight when rock than it is to play rugby while rocked. You have to think that the savage part of you can take over in the fight and it's going to help you survive, it's not going to help you score.

You really do just go to a kind of auto-pilot mode. You will do things and not even know it, eg. Clinching, taking him down, and protecting while trying to recover.