Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

UFC discussion from the past 6

33K views 773 replies 320 participants last post by  truebluefan 
#1 ·
Great fighter or Greatest fighter?

lol, but srsly. he was good back in the day and helped raise the sport to the level it is now. so how do you feel about ken shamrock? and does anyone know who/if he plans to fight?

#720 ·
lol I love the thread title and no I dont care about Couture vs Vera, Couture is done imo, and Vera hasn't looked good since before the Sylvia loss. I'll watch it because it's free but if it wasn't I definitely wouldn't and I honestly wouldn't even look the results up, this match up is mad weak and the worst part is even though Randy got wrecked in his last 2 fights he'll probly be in contention if he wins.

#723 ·
It's interesting. I like both guys and it's not as if we're watching Leben vs. Silva II or something, it should be a somewhat competitive, interesting, fun fight. I don't complain about fights often, a fight is a fight, and if you have Randy in it then it's definitely worth the watch in general.

#752 · (Edited)
This, and also ill be there to watch!

I was originally trying to get motivated to see lil nog v hendo, whoch wouldve been ok, but was thrilled to hear Randy was in. Been watchin him for years and my first live event so cheeerin. I dont think it would really matter who he was fighting, unless it was another 'legend'

I expect him to do a gonzaga on vera

and there are a few UK dudes who are knocking on the door and it will be interesting to see who comes to the party.

not many big names but i think some decent fights will be had!

#726 ·
I actually like this card better than UFC 106 now, LOL.

Randy continues to be must see TV, his record is not super impressive but has her ever faced a gimme opponent? All his fights are tough ones and the lanky and athletic Vera fits that profile. I still think Randy wins. Kang vs. Bisping is a solid fight as well, same for Swick/Hardy.

Plus we get to see Wilks, someone I am sure UFC eventually hopes to rise up and maybe challenge GSP?

Not great but better than 106!

#727 ·
It's a fight. I'll watch!

Yea, on paper not the hottest line up, but do you guys have short memories? How many meh looking matchups turn out to be corkers? I've been surprised so many times that I'll watch every fight I can.:thumb02:

Swick vs Hardy is the one that gets my nuts warm though.

#730 ·
This fight interests me enough. It's got 2 fighters looking to prove themselves in this division, it's in the UK so I wont have to stay up until 6 AM to catch the main event, it has Randy Couture who is one of my favourite fighters and to be honest this will be one of the last times we get to see him in the octagon, especially if he loses, so I think we should take this opportunity. It might just be Couture laying on Vera for 15 minutes, but it's still all of those things I said above.

#734 ·
good main event for a freebie... definitely not interesting enough to pay for. Couture is going to push Vera against the cage for 3 rounds..... exciting :sarcastic12:

#736 ·
I think a few people (including myself) aren't grasping exactly what the TS is asking. The TS is asking about this particular fight and people are talking about the event as a whole, I did it so I'm not criticising, just looking to clear things up. But yes this fight and the whole card interests more a couple of reasons other than just the quality of the fights.

#738 ·
I have to be excited im going to the event and it's gonna be awesome to be under the same roof as Captain America. Hoping to god i can score an autograph at some point. I imagine outside of the UFC brass and employees ill be one of the few Americans there.

#741 ·
I'm excited for it, because its a solid fight. Not every fight has to be for a title or between the two top names every damn time. I just like seeing two athletes trying to best eachother. Vera is terribly boring and massively overrated, but Randy has a way of making every fight entertaining. Hopefully he smashes the arrogance out of that punk.

#742 ·
hell, i barely cared enough to open this thread til now.... hopefully Randy getting a title shot will be snubbed, beating Vera is hardly proof of deserving anything more then staying in the UFC.

#744 ·
i agree, he is popular and at times invovled in some exciting fights... but he has budded to the front of the line enough times now, hasnt he??

UFC wants a big draw and an exciting fight?? If/when he beats Vera, sacrifice him at the altar of one Anderson Silva. He could be Machida's LHW bodyguard. Get thru him, you get Machida... blah, nvm, we will never see the belt defended that way ;)

#747 ·
are you kidding, i would probably pay 50 bucks just to see Randy whoop Verra for 3 rounds straight, but honestly, i think you guys are writing this fight off a little early, don't be suprised to see it closer than you think. Verra is gonna come into this ready, and after the last couple fights, im kind of questioning Randy's chin, im his biggest fan but that Nog fight had me on the edge of my seat gripping the arm rest praying he didn't get knocked out.

And come on, it's always fun to watch him fight

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.