MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - MMA Role Playing Games

View Single Post

Old 03-12-2008, 01:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
cheerios
MMA Fanatic

cheerios has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Been playing with S!O!S! and Full Impact, both are pretty cool, but really different.

They're both dice rolling games, not quite like other role playing games (D&D etc). You take your characters and fight matches, but don't have to pretend to be the fighter.

For $10, SOS has 100 premade guys from all eras of MMA history, they even have Bruce Lee lol. The system is kinda complex with lots of charts but most action based on 1d6. A little limited, but fun as all the guys seem to be built in a realistic fashion. I put Liddell vs Silva and funny enough, it ended the same as the real fight. It comes in a word file via email.

For $15, Full Impact MMA, I like it a bit better as the game has a bit more to it, you can improve your fighters as they win fights and there's a pretty neat injury system. Their game is also different in that you make your own fighters, while SOS has them all there. The combat system is based on 2d6 which makes things a bit more exciting (more moves!) It comes in a PDF file via email.

I made myself in the Full Impact game and set up a random tournament, lost to their version of Liddell, got my ass knocked out in 3 moves.

These are more for getting together with friends to play, but both seem ok to play alone too. I think the Full Impact is going to offer an email league, or so their forum says. But its pretty empty right now.

For anyone into RPGs, I recommend them both, but am leaning toward Full Impact myself.

Last edited by cheerios : 03-12-2008 at 01:40 AM. Reason: sp
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote