Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

DREAM.3: Cro Cop vs. Hong Man Choi?

3K views 40 replies 17 participants last post by  SlaveTrade 
#1 ·
Let me first say I have no real credible source for this? This is something I got from a Sherdog poster. BUt he basically said DREAM producers are thinking of making a CC vs. HMC match.

The producer of DREAM mentioned this match up even said this would be an interesting fight and he would love to see it happen.

And the Japanese press are saying if everything goes well this fight will take place in DREAM #3.
So what are your thoughts if this is true? Both have no real ground game so I think it will be a fight that will remain standing IMO! How would you see Cro Cop vs. Hong Man Choi going? What stradegy would Cro Cop need to beat HMC?

#3 ·
I know what you mean? We were hoping for somebody like Aleksander Emelianenko or Sergei Kharitonov but instead we get the Big guy with the 1-1 record.

#5 ·
I would rather have him face Aleks E., Overeem, or Sergei but this would be a very tough test for Cro Cop if the fight stayed on their feet.

#6 ·
Personally, I am loving the thought of this match up...
I'm sure people will be quick to dismiss the Techno Goliath because of the "freakshow" label attached to him and the fact that he is pretty much one demensial, but the guy has real K-1 credentials with wins over Mighty Mo, Terkay and Schilt...
I think he is a great test for any fighter that wants to stand and bang with him and I'm sure that is what Cro Cop would do. The guy has giant strength and his kness are at most opponents head level to begin with...
I'm sure I'm in the minority with this, but I really don't think it would be easy task for Cro Cop or any other MMA fighter to stand and chop down an experienced kickboxer like Choi...

#7 ·
Honestly I'dbe as impressed with Crocop beating HMC as a solid HW, solely becuase of how bad a fight he is for Crocop.

Also, if the Crocop from DREAM fights the Sergei who killed Overeem, hes in trouble.

#10 ·
I disagree that this is a lopsided match up. Hong is a K-1 kickboxer who has beaten some very good guys and unless Cro Cop tries to take him down which I don't think he could do if he tried this is a very tough match up for him.

#20 ·
I agree with your gameplan on how Cro Cop could win the fight, but don't you think that his speed has seemed to slow down enough that it won't be an overwelming factor?
Also, do you think that Cro Cop possesses the same pure punching power as Mighty Mo?

#22 ·
Your forgetting that Choi is slow as shit, is a bit uncoordinated, and has no ground game what so ever. I see this being a kickboxing match but I wouldn't be surprised if Cro Cop took this to the ground. Considering Choi's ground skills I think Cro Cop would get full mount easy and GNP Choi to death.

#28 ·
I can't believe that so many people think that CC would lose this fight.

I see CC KILLING HMC with leg kicks and then taking him down to get full mount.

The only reason Fedor couldn't take him down is because he knew he didn't have to. The fight was a joke and Fedor knew it. This fight will be a joke and CC knows it to.

#29 ·
I can't believe that so many people think that CC would lose this fight.

I see CC KILLING HMC with leg kicks and then taking him down to get full mount.
How exactly do you propse Crocop goes about taking down a 350lb man who is a former wrestler?

The only reason Fedor couldn't take him down is because he knew he didn't have to. The fight was a joke and Fedor knew it. This fight will be a joke and CC knows it to.
Lol I hope this is a joke.

#34 ·
It would seem that HMC made a much bigger impression on you guys then he did me.

Lets watch the fight again. http://www.mmatko.com/fedor-vs-hong-man-choi-fight-video-yarennoka/

What I see is Fedor getting the better of what little stand up there was and Fedor PULLING HMC to the ground for his take downs.

Yes, I know that Hong has HEAVY hands and that he makes Fedor look like a child when they stand next to each other. But this fight was a joke to begin with.

#36 ·
What I see is Fedor getting the better of what little stand up there was and Fedor PULLING HMC to the ground for his take downs.
You clearly have no idea what you are watching.
First takedown attempt: Fedor clinches. Is immediately overpowered by Choi, who drives him down landing in half guard positiion.
Second takedown attempt: Fedor clinches. Gets a full body lock. Attempts to throw Choi, fails with Choi landing on top of him in half guard yet again.

You seriously think this is what Fedor was going for?
I am not even going to comment on the damamgedone to fFedors face....apparently caused by Fedor rubbing his face on the mat going for armbars lol.

Reactions: Manx
#35 ·
Hong Man Choi is a much harder opponent than Kharitonov, i think Kharitonov is not what he was in say 2004.

Chois size alone and the fact that he isnt a complete goof for his size makes him a hard match up for alot of guys.

And why were people wanting Cro Cop vs. Moe?? Hong man just beat Moe? So why can't Hong Man vs. Cro Cop be just as legit?? Someone answer me that ffs.

#37 ·
Im going to end Chirs and Negation's lil brawl they got going on right now. It all comes down to who you feel is the better striker. This fight will have nothing to do with Choi's wrestling prowess or whether Fedor wanted to be on his back or not. This is a fight between 2 kickboxers. Crocop will not try to take Choi down and neither will Choi. If you think Mirko is going to win, you must feel he is the better striker. Me I feel that Choi is far to big for Crocop and will overwhelm him at some point. Look what happened when Mirko faught a striker that was bigger than him(Kongo). He got bullied and didnt look the killer that we are used to seeing. It happened against Hunt as well.

#40 ·
I'm not suprised, I don't see why any of you are either. Crocop is still apparently shaken from his losses in the UFC and is still sooking very tentative from Gonzaga KTFO'ing him. They'll give Crocop another few more tune up fights, then they will give him some serious competition. Although, what serious competition is there in the DREAM heavyweight division? Regardless, HMC is definately going to be a tough threat to Crocop if the fight materializes.

#41 ·
Mirko is obviously the more skilled striker but I don't think it's going to be an easy win for CroCop at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.