MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - swpthleg's training log

View Single Post

Old 03-18-2008, 11:05 PM   #31 (permalink)
Cartheron
Welterweight

Cartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
I definitely need speed work and some way to stop my calves from cramping up, I have to stop 2-3x every mile and stretch them out again.
I got that at first but it's pretty much stopped now. I make sure I have at least 2-3 uphill sections (varying degrees) on my planned routes, which really works my calves. I doubled up on that by making one of my days have a fartlek session (run/jog/run intervals) in the middle of a shorter run. With the fartleks going uphill.

It sucks (I felt sick the first time I did it), but it's effective. Even if you have to walk instead of jog the last few intervals, just steadily increase the number of intervals or speed of running. I just use lamposts as markers for the intervals, it's an easy visual and pretty accurate way of measuring for me.

I use this site ---> http://www.walkjogrun.net to plan my routes too. Very handy.
Ken "You got kicked. By a kick." Shamrock

WAR The CroCop!

I could care less = you care

I couldn't care less = you don't care
Cartheron is offline   Reply With Quote