MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - KOTC Ring Girls

Thread: KOTC Ring Girls
View Single Post

Old 03-21-2008, 05:50 PM   #26 (permalink)
Ferdelance
Amatuer

Ferdelance Needs A HugFerdelance Needs A HugFerdelance Needs A HugFerdelance Needs A HugFerdelance Needs A HugFerdelance Needs A HugFerdelance Needs A HugFerdelance Needs A HugFerdelance Needs A HugFerdelance Needs A HugFerdelance Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm724 View Post
I think you've hopped on the wrong forum. I suppose boxing is a classless sport too?
The first thing that came to my mind is the fact that everyone always spoke of what a fine gentleman Joe Louis was.
Usually champions of boxing were traditionally spoken of as fine gentleman.
I realize that perhaps Mike Tyson has a somewhat different public image, but in general, people like jack Dempsey, Joe Louis, or John L. Sullivan....Look at the article that appeared sometime ago on the last bare knuckle bout in the US, the epic battle between John L. Sullivan and Jack Kilrain.Look how they said that woman journalist/news reporter spoke of what a fine gentleman John L. Sullivan was...
Also, I am no historian, but if I am not mistaken, boxing at one time was considered an aristocratic sport, the same as jousting for knights, that boxing as a sport was something that was undertaken by members of the aristocracy as a manly,gentlemanly way of keeping fit...there are illusions to this in the classic novel Trilby by Du Maurier.
But before I go on, just to make sure that we are on the same page:
Define "Class."????
Okay?
Respectfully,
Ferdelance
Ferdelance is offline   Reply With Quote