MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Muay Thai or TKD

View Single Post

Old 03-30-2008, 11:26 AM   #125 (permalink)
southpaw447
Banned

southpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
If you sparred with someone from a competition school you'd have yr. work cut out for you because they wouldn't know how to use their hands and they'd revert to their decorative ineffective kicks. However some forward-thinking tkd instructors, including mine, teach boxing, takedown defense,and detailed joint manipulation along with tkd, so I feel there are two distinctly different breeds of tkd practitioners evolving.
Yeah I took TKD when I was like 6. I think mine was a McDojo TKD because all I learned was flashy kicks and pretty much useless hands combo's
southpaw447 is offline   Reply With Quote