MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Bisping VS Griffen

View Single Post

Old 10-25-2006, 05:23 PM   #30 (permalink)
hutchykurt
Amatuer

hutchykurt has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMPLine4Life
I didn't forget about Penn and I would love to see Penn vs. Hughes 3. But Hughes just beat Penn so yeah, I just kind of tossed him out of the picture for now. Plus GSP beat him as well but as you said, I would love to see Penn vs. GSP again.

Sherk could easily challenge at 170 and be a contender but he's the current Lightweight Champion so until he runs through the division (which seems possible at this point), he's considered a lightweight by me.
I have to weigh in on this BJ penn vs. Hughes thing: BJ Penn caught a rib injury trying to beat Matt Hughes. It isn't like he tripped on his way into the octagon before he fought and then fought at 50%. He gave it his all and got hurt in the process dealing with a clearly stronger opponent. I'm a big fan of GSP but I have to give it to MH. The guy dominates his division and wins in clean fashion: Submissions and strikes. It cheapens Hughes' win over Penn when everyone keeps bringing up his rib injury.

BTW; Bisping and Griffin: I say split decision. I can't even guess who would win that. Maybe Griffin because the guy can take hella strikes and keep on coming.