Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Bisping VS Griffen

2K views 36 replies 12 participants last post by  Damone 
#1 ·
Heres a fight they might want to set up in the future IMO

Bisping (And I know Im not the only one who agrees with this) has shown the most impressive debut I've seen... We ALL know he'll walk through his next fight they have him set for. Griffen is due for a fight now soon too...

Who do you think would win? Skill wise you know we have to go with Bisping, but DAMN Griffen doesnt know the word quit.

PLUS, whoever wins THAT fight is probably close to a title shot

#27 ·
Nah I wasnt saying a SHOT AT THE TITLE after Forest (Although theres not a lot after that lol) But whoever won that fight would probably be well on their way to a title shot. Not like I can think of more than a couple fighters better that would make them contenders.

Whoever won that fight, would leapfrog a few people Im sure. IMO of course

and YES Bisping hasnt proven much here but hes done a TON in Europe, and how many people in TUF have you seen walk in and dominate the way he did?

Everyone else on that show was OUTCLASSED compared to him, walked in the ring calm as day and walked all over his fight. You saw it, everyone did.

Nope hasnt proven a whole lot YEt in UFC, But Im SURE he'll wipe the walls with his next opponent. And then if its not Griffin, then who?

Whos a more sutible opponent than Griffin if Bisping wins his next fight?

ANYONE???

#28 ·
Id take Bisping by Split decision Forrest is pretty difficult to knock down but he does look sloppy at times. His crazy fighting would probably get him beat with bisping being so calm and focused.

#30 ·
AMPLine4Life said:
I didn't forget about Penn and I would love to see Penn vs. Hughes 3. But Hughes just beat Penn so yeah, I just kind of tossed him out of the picture for now. Plus GSP beat him as well but as you said, I would love to see Penn vs. GSP again.

Sherk could easily challenge at 170 and be a contender but he's the current Lightweight Champion so until he runs through the division (which seems possible at this point), he's considered a lightweight by me.
I have to weigh in on this BJ penn vs. Hughes thing: BJ Penn caught a rib injury trying to beat Matt Hughes. It isn't like he tripped on his way into the octagon before he fought and then fought at 50%. He gave it his all and got hurt in the process dealing with a clearly stronger opponent. I'm a big fan of GSP but I have to give it to MH. The guy dominates his division and wins in clean fashion: Submissions and strikes. It cheapens Hughes' win over Penn when everyone keeps bringing up his rib injury.

BTW; Bisping and Griffin: I say split decision. I can't even guess who would win that. Maybe Griffin because the guy can take hella strikes and keep on coming.

#31 ·
tem punishment says

"Bisping isnt that crazy anymore. His last fight against Bonnar at UFC 62 showed that."

K Im pretty sure you mixed this one up but Bisping never fought Bonnar...

ummm

But anyway heres his record

Result Opponent Method Event Title Date Round Time

Win Josh Haynes TKO (Strikes) UFC-Ultimate Fighter 3 Finale 6/24/2006 2 4:14
Win Ross Pointon Submission (Armbar) CWFC-Strike Force 4 11/26/2005 1 2:00
Win Jakob Lovstad Submission (Strikes) CWFC-Strike Force 3 10/1/2005 1 1:10
Win Miika Mehmet TKO (Corner Stoppage) CWFC-Strike Force 2 7/16/2005 1 3:01
Win Alex Cook Submission (Choke) FX3-Xplosion 6/18/2005 1 3:21
Win Dave Radford TKO CWFC-Ultimate Force 4/30/2005 1 2:46
Win Mark Epstein KO CR 9-No Mercy 11/27/2004 3 4:43
Win Andy Bridges KO P & G 3-Glory Days 8/7/2004 1
Win Mark Epstein TKO CR 7-Battle of Britain 7/10/2004 2 1:27
Win John Weir TKO UKMMAC 7-Rage & Fury 5/30/2004 1
Win Steve Mathews Submission (Armbar) P & G 2-Battle of the Ages 4/10/2004 1 0:38

Not bad for an upincomer eh?

BISPING IS GONNA TEAR APART THE UFC WATCH:D

#36 ·
Dont know what Evan has to do with the Bisping thread but thats ok lol

So does anyone have any info on the guy Bisping is supopsed to be fighting next? I cant remember who it is, I just remember hes not much to talk about lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.