MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Official cause of death determined for MMA fighter Sam Vasquez

View Single Post

Old 04-08-2008, 12:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
IhitU.uHITfloor
Flyweight

IhitU.uHITfloor is on a distinguished roadIhitU.uHITfloor is on a distinguished roadIhitU.uHITfloor is on a distinguished roadIhitU.uHITfloor is on a distinguished roadIhitU.uHITfloor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biowza View Post
Yeah, well they chose a fight that was mostly spent on the ground (Kongo vs Herring) among ignoring the fact that MMA gloves are really small but aside from that I still think MMA is a very safe sport. The other guy that died was someone who wasn't cleared medically, and fought in an unsanctioned fight in the Ukraine. So really, Sam Vasquez is the first death in sanctioned MMA.
I could've sworn that he was the first, I knew it. The other doesn't count because it was unsanctioned and if that "counted" we might as well count every person that has been beaten to death in gang fights etc...

And I agree with you in thinking that MMA is still a safe sport, I mean with all of the "sanctioned" bouts every year, we really never hear about any serious injury, usually just the basics.