MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Breaking News: Fedor to fight Sylvia!

View Single Post

Old 04-08-2008, 07:46 PM   #126 (permalink)
Fedor>all
Banned

Fedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZtigerZZ81 View Post
I see this fight as nothing like Schilt/Fedor. I think you guys are underestimating Timmy. Not saying he is going to win yet, but I am leaning that way.

Timmy is leaps and bounds better than HMC and Schilt. Sure he doesn't have the kicks Schilt does, but those wouldn't do any good against Fedor anyway since he would just catch them and take you down. If this fight goes to the ground Sylvia's length will help him only if he can keep it in guard. If it goes out of full guard he is done. His stand-up will work as long as he utilizes that boring ass jab-jab-cross he has in big fights. The one thing I see posing a problem for Tim is Fedor's quickness. He is probably the quickest fighter at HW and Tim will have problems with that.
Good points, but I think you're overestimating Tim's length in the guard. The only person that has really struggled with that was Jeff Monson, and that's because he's pretty much 5 feet tall.

Randy is roughly the same height as Fedor, but he passed into Tim's half-guard with relative ease and punished him accordingly. Fedor has sat in the most dangerous MMA HW guard in the world 2.5 times and obliterated his opponent without being rendered ineffective.

I don't think Fedor will finish Tim by TKO, but Fedor does not lay and pray, he sits in a guard, stacks his opponent's legs, postures up, and drops bombs. Tim Sylvia struggled with Randy Couture's ground and pound from half-guard, and he's going to be in even bigger trouble when Fedor gets to that position
Fedor>all is offline   Reply With Quote