MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Need A New Computer / Help With Your Current PC?

View Single Post

Old 10-26-2006, 08:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
attention
Lightweight

attention Is Beloved By Allattention Is Beloved By Allattention Is Beloved By Allattention Is Beloved By Allattention Is Beloved By Allattention Is Beloved By Allattention Is Beloved By Allattention Is Beloved By Allattention Is Beloved By Allattention Is Beloved By Allattention Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabby
Heres some specs I found for my pc, I guess it was built with a Pen. 3 and I have 192mb of RAM so it has had 1 RAM upgrade. I also found a stick of RAM at a buddies house in an old computer that would fit I think so I'm gonna try that.

Dell Dimension XPS T600r

Pentium III-600E CPU, 128MB of SDRAM, 256KB L2 cache, 20.4GB hard drive, Windows 98 SE, NVidia TNT2 M64 graphics card with 32MB of SDRAM
Ah, dell...

I think you config is pretty optimized.

Using an external HDD isnt such a bad idea... I think your systems gonna be USB 1.0, so you may need to get a USB 2.0 IDE card.

First run games should still be playable at 640x480... but I wouldnt push it any higher... but I would stay clear of any serious 3-D gamin

You've maxed out your existing system... your only next step is a new system...

An external HDD via a USB 2.0 interface can be used with this setup and moved to a better one ... should you get one.

250-320 GB SATA 2.0 HDD go for about 80 - 130 CND...
External HDD case with USB 2.0 interface ... about 40 CND

Hopefully you have a external slot for a DVD burner (40 bucks)

Both the External HDD & DVD burner can be moved to a newer system...

The only problem I see is the OS... Windows 98 SE ??? ugh... that hurts

Im almost certain you can move into winXP, but with a p3-600 w/192MB ram... eek, that is tight... you most certainly will need to use Virtual Memory... ie. paged mem ... so it will take long to start and slow to switch between applications...

But if you can live with win98... good enuf.
attention is offline   Reply With Quote