MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Need A New Computer / Help With Your Current PC?

View Single Post

Old 10-26-2006, 09:44 PM   #17 (permalink)
cabby
Super Heavyweight

cabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by attention
Ah, dell...

I think you config is pretty optimized.

Using an external HDD isnt such a bad idea... I think your systems gonna be USB 1.0, so you may need to get a USB 2.0 IDE card.

First run games should still be playable at 640x480... but I wouldnt push it any higher... but I would stay clear of any serious 3-D gamin

You've maxed out your existing system... your only next step is a new system...

An external HDD via a USB 2.0 interface can be used with this setup and moved to a better one ... should you get one.

250-320 GB SATA 2.0 HDD go for about 80 - 130 CND...
External HDD case with USB 2.0 interface ... about 40 CND

Hopefully you have a external slot for a DVD burner (40 bucks)

Both the External HDD & DVD burner can be moved to a newer system...

The only problem I see is the OS... Windows 98 SE ??? ugh... that hurts

Im almost certain you can move into winXP, but with a p3-600 w/192MB ram... eek, that is tight... you most certainly will need to use Virtual Memory... ie. paged mem ... so it will take long to start and slow to switch between applications...

But if you can live with win98... good enuf.
I'm running windows xp professional and got some free memory today from a friend. Is PC100-322-620 compatible with my pc?
cabby is offline   Reply With Quote